Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I have had depression for years
bipperkins posted:
It is taking it's toll I either can not sleep night after night it is miserable then I get exhausted and will sleep an entire weekend away, this is taking over my life I either have energy or none at all, just thinking about planning an event is exhausting! being awake sometimes is exhausting I see a doctor and am on medication, this is also taking a toll on my marriage my husband does not get it or care to, he just considers me lazy, this just causes further frustration and guilt for me, what can I do?

susiemargaret responded:
hello, B --

i'm so sorry i didn't see your post until today, and i hope you are still following this thread.

it sounds to me as if the mix of your meds might not be quite right; have you told your dr about your sleeping patterns? it could be time for a meds re-evaluation, and i would see a pschiatrist for this, because they usually know more about psych meds than other drs do.

as for your husband, would he be open to reading some materials or even going to your therapist's office with you for one apptmt so that your therapist could explain how this disease affects you and how he can support you best?

an extensive discussion of depression and topics related to it is at http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/default.htm . you might want to take a look and see what seems most helpful, then reproduce only those sections for him.so that he doesn't feel overwhelmed.

i wonder if it might also be time to reconsider whether your dr is the best one for you. do you feel as if you are making any progress? if not, perhaps it is time to start looking around for a different dr?

i send you caring thoughts and hope you will start to feel better soon.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

bipperkins replied to susiemargaret's response:
Thank you Susiemargaret, I have been feeling lots better I am seeing a different doctor and a counselor who has helped me alot, as far as my husband goes, he did not get the whole thing and had no interest in getting it!!
he would get mad at me and say he couldn't deal with one of my things!! he would call it, anyways long story short i have moved out and am actually liking it!!
thank you for writing to me
take care

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.