Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

How long does it take for celexa to work?
Anon_235149 posted:
I have taken celexa for two weeks and really don't feel better.

paulpaulpaul responded:
I took Celexa and it took six weeks to work. Of course it is different for everybody. Hang in there.

susiemargaret responded:
hello, A254 --

from what i've read in the materials about celexa/citalopram (see PS), it can take from one to four weeks to feel a difference but, as with most antidepressants, four to eight weeks to really "kick in" completely. so at two weeks, i think you're being a little premature.

if you continue to feel that things aren't getting better, call the dr.

-- susie margaret

PS -- drugs.com info on celexa/citalopram is at http://www.drugs.com/pro/celexa.html .
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

jcbaker51679 responded:
I have been taking 20 mg of Celexa for about 5 weeks now and have noticed some change in myself, but the people around me on a normal basis say they can see a big change. My pdoc said with Celexa it can take upwards of 10 weeks to get a full effect. Hope it starts to work for you soon.... I can remember not feeling any different for the first 3-4 weeks... Hope my post helps... as always im here if you need someone to talk to !!!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.