Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

no future
Anon_647 posted:
My therapist said she was retiring at the end of Oct and that she recommends this other counselor the other person I see maybe quiting in a year all this came about Thursday. I cried the whole session with therapist I said at the end there is nothing more for me to say, therapist is being very supportive but 5 years I have become so attached to therapist. I did not sleep good all night I am crying all the time I even think about being left alone I have thought but then I think I have to get one thing done first and before the end of October I can leave also. parents not good also. I have 6 cats I would want cats to stay together no matter what anyone got any ideas?

barbarafromtucson responded:
Change is always hard. It is not good to become so attached to a therapist that you are totally dependant on him/her...then when he/she retires (or moves or whatever), then you fall apart...it sounds like you were unheathily too attached to your therapist.

Sometimes new therapists are good because they have a different way of looking at situations and can help you in good/positive ways....so I would encourage you to go to the new therapist. Your therapist knows you well enough, I'm sure, to refer you to a therapist that will be on a similar wavelength as you.

For the cat situation...most apartments will not accept more than 2 so you will really have to do an extensive search. Maybe look for a rental home instead of apartments. I have four cats, so I understand not wanting to separate.

I will pray for you.

Catswisker replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
I need to know if anyone has any ideas of how to will 6 cats to someone when I am gone I do not want them seperated. I have been thinking and I come up with plan but it's kind of hard to but into place because of the time in which I want to do it

Anon_647 replied to Catswisker's response:
Thoughts have passed

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Group for Families and friends of people with depression
Since most of the family support sites are 404, I set one up for friends, family and spouses of people with depression. Actually, everyone ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.