Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

a little needy
everydayizagift posted:
Do you ever feel like you are extra sensitive, needy, require some extra love and affection? That's me, today. Writing this entry actually feels tiring and I actually put my head down a few times because I feel so drained. Can someone just say something encouraging please? Thank you in advance.

barbarafromtucson responded:
Here's some quotes from a cat calendar that I have that may cheer you up:

"Some have said their cats would rather be petted than eat. Love-starved people are not unlike those felines. They devour any attentiveness or interest because of hidden hunger. All of us, sooner or later, experience that kind of hunger pang" --unknown

"All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it" --Samuel Butler

"When cats are frightened, they lose hair quickly. When another animal grabs him, the cat's fur comes out easily. Result? The predator loses his grip. Resolve to shed habits that hold you in their grip." --unknown

Hope that brought a smile to your face.

candykissesaresweet replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
LOVE, COURAGE, TRUTH.. don't be afraid to LOVE yourself, have the COURAGE to live your life your way, and never be afraid to speak the TRUTH.The past is your lesson. The present is your gift. The future is your motivation. Extremely motivated looking fwd to a Wonderful future, all you need is Faith!God is with you every step of the way. don't think God is never with you, because God is. God helps you get through tough times. God is great!

everydayizagift replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
THANKYOU!!! Yes, I like those, especially the 1st one. Very nice.

everydayizagift replied to candykissesaresweet's response:
Amen to that. You are 100% correct God is great and with us all the time. I just feel like I cannot see (my spiritual eyes) ahead of me. You know what it says about vision in the Bible. Without Vision the people will perish.
I get worried because I don't have a vision and I've always had a vision in the past

marysings responded:
I understand your feelings totally. Sometimes I just want to scream because I feel too alone, too rejected, too less-than.

There is nothing wrong with those feelings as long as you seek the love and affection from the right person. I hope and pray that there is someone in your life who can fulfill those needs.

Time heals even when we see/feel no hope. There have been days when I prayed nearly all day for God to help me. As we both know, God loves us unconditionally and He wants us to be happy in Him.

And God puts people in our lives at just the right time. Are you getting counseling? Are you on meds? Sometimes adjusting meds can help you get past the difficult times in your life.

I'm not sure how encouraging this was, but I do hope you will feel better soon.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Anon_137209 replied to marysings's response:
Thank you MarySings. I hope and pray that God sends me a good & supportive friend in my direction. I really don't have anyone in my life that I know I can talk to about the Crohn's that will be understanding and not judge me. I prefer to just not mention it.
I am going to start counseling soon. THANK GOD! I pray the therapist is knowledgeable about Chronic Illnesses and can be helpful to me.
I agree with you when you say that God puts people in our lives at just the right time. I also believe that God removes people from our lives, especially the life suckers and toxic people. I can't tell you how many relationships the Crohn's has effected. I'm the type of person that has to speak my mind and be heard. When people are rude and not accepting of me and how I live my life, I have to voice myself and say what I think. People don't like to hear it though. Oh well, I'll eventually meet people that will understand me.... hopefully.

Thanks again for writing. I appreciate you. Have a wonderful week

candykissesaresweet replied to Anon_137209's response:
my ex is suffering from that too, i do know that can affect your emorions

susiemargaret replied to Anon_137209's response:
hello, A170 --

you might get some additional emotional support and good advice from the crohn's community, http://exchanges.webmd.com/crohns-and-colitis-exchange , and the digestive disorders community, http://exchanges.webmd.com/digestive-disorders-exchange .

i am sorry you are in such psychic and physical pain.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

candykissesaresweet replied to susiemargaret's response:
was just checking up on you

marysings replied to Anon_137209's response:
Anon_137209,

I urge you to remember one thing - the therapist you choose is your employee. You will be paying them to do a job - helping you feel better.

The best method is to ask questions at your first visit so you know if you have the right therapist. If you feel that this person is not the right therapist for you, clearly state your needs and ask for a referrel. A good therapist will not have a problem with your decision. If you have a therapist who 'thinks' they can help you and you feel they can't - run, don't walk.

All the best,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

jeannejeanne replied to Anon_137209's response:
Hi,
I am in much the same boat as you are. I have an ileostomy for ulcerative colitis. Recently a CT scan revealed that food is just sitting in my stomach, and my stoma (piece of intestine that comes through my abdomen) is narrow either from colitis or stenosis. I feel sick all the time and having been living the life of an invalid for the past 14 months while the doctors scratch their heads.
I am corresponding with a lovely woman who has Chron's on this web site: https://www.ostomy.org/forum/index.php?sid=e9b04d44f77512a62db6d15cad98ee94
Good luck.
Warmly,
Jeanne

slopes007 responded:
I feel exactly like that almost 4 out of 7 days of the week. Luckily, I have an awesome wife and an amazing son beside me who will always try to cheer me up. From what I can see, you look like a beautiful woman and i'm sure there is somebody out there who will support you. If it wasnt for my wife and kid, i would probably be dead by now. some days, no matter what you do, its just so hard to smile. just please keep your head up and remember, there is a tomorrow. some people dont believe in god, so this is all you have. this is your heaven. live each day like its your last. remember, LIVE LIFE HAVE FUN, BECAUSE WHAT YOU GOING TO DO WHEN YOU DONT HAVE ONE? Love you and hope this made your day. if not, watch Daniel Tosh...he always makes me smile. Thats a great guy! Enjoy

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.