Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

No desire to do anything
mimi0555 posted:
Today is my birthday and I am lying on my bed in a dark bedroom doing absolutely nothing. I am in my pajamas, don't want to get dressed , take a shower or even eat. Every day seems the same. I am ontwo antidepressants but they don"'t seem to be helping me. All my dr. does is raise my anti-depressants. Any suggestions?

Take the Poll

What anti depressant has helped you the most and why?
  • Effexor
  • Prozas
  • Abilify
  • Cymbalta
  • Wellbutrin
vote
View Poll Results

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Awwww Mimi Happy Birthday!!

Sounds like you need to find a new doc and maybe change some meds. If this doctor isn't helping you, then you need to seek someone that can. I hope you feel better soon, and ended up having a great birthday!!

I hope some others on here can share what has helped them!
Chrissy~

When the world says, Give up,
Hope whispers, Try it one more time.
~Author Unknown

susiemargaret responded:
hello, M --

i'm so sorry you felt so crummy on your birthday. actually, i'm sorry that you feel crummy on any day but esp your birthday.

can you raise the issue with your dr of your antidepressants not working as well as you think they should and therefore whether it might be time to try a different antidepressant? may i ask also, are you seeing a family dr or a psychiatrist? if you are not seeing a psychiatrist, it may be time to switch to one, because they usually know more about antidepressants than other drs do.

are you in counseling?

i send you caring thoughts and hope you can get some relief soon. i know what it is like to feel wretched every day.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

DEC122 responded:
Recently on my birthday I felt the same. All I wanted to do was get back in bed and hide until it was over but unfortunately I had to go to work. I am on wellbutrin that worked fine for a few week but I think i need to up the dose. I find myself lower than before. Lexapro and zoloft were not for me at all. I lost all sexual desire and even some sensation. I couldn't stop those fast enough.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.