Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

post partum psychos
jackell21 posted:
hello my daughter was having seeing things not eating or sleeping,since August she had given birth in may to her third child who is 8 months old her second child turns 2 onJan28 and her first child is 6 in Feb he suffers with Asthma&ADHD we had to put her in hospital in Dec for hallucinations taking pictures of mice spiders bedbugs etc imagenary not true they put her on RIsperdal then canged to klonipin 1mg 2daily and celexa 40mg things were so bad before hospital took clothes out of all the kids drawers&hers just pilled on floor crys alot slept for a week only up for 4 hours a day she seems somewhat better,but to me she is lost, a stare Iworry about her all the time right now my son her husband is home helping with the kids she says somedays Ifeel like I will never be to handle the kids alone again she becomes overwelmed with the clothes right now today she went to church, walked on treadmill please any suggestions on helping with deeds thoughts and encougement to help her get better thank you all

lukeperry responded:
Your daughter is very ill. She has one of the worst postpartum cases. I had it after my 1st child, he was still in the hospital(premature) So he was never in any danger. On my third day home, I heard a voice, where as I got the phone book out, made an appt with a shrink, then called my husband and mother to tell them what happened. Mine went away after 6mo., but I never heard anymore voice's, except that one time.

The bottom line in her case, is she needs to be hospitalized. She might need to stay for months, but you have to do this! If you want to save her life and possibly her KID's. She is showing all the symptoms of the women who drown her children in the bathtub, so they would all go to heaven. She's crying out to you, you must do something immediately. God bless you, her, and the whole family. It's a family disease, the whole family suffers along with her.

jackell21 responded:
Hello thank you for the reply my proud to report my daughter is starting to feel alot better the meds she is on celexa &Klonipin are working its been a month since hospital stay sees theripst 2x month smiling again getting out again seeing her best friend once week for dinner playing with her childern I know this condition can have bad days too as long as uses postive thinking keeping a Journel Trust me we all will watch her its big family we have thank God shes getting better I will keep you all informed

susiemargaret replied to jackell21's response:
hello, J --

thanks for this good news! i hope your daughter continues to improve.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
102 of 140 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.