Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I don't know what to do.
Kate_Te posted:
I am at the end of my rope. My power is going to be turned off if I don't get HEAP tomorrow. My insurance is cancelled until i pay them at the end of the month when I get my disability check. I don't have enough meds to make it til the end of the month and I have $0. I don't qualify for food stamps, bc apparently $1100 a month is too much money. try paying rent, insurance, heat & electricity on $1100 a month in upstate NY. I dare you. I tried to call my therapist. got her answering machine, hung up. Money is a huge trigger for me and I'm thinking there's no way out of this mess.

Kate_Te responded:
-----------------------------------------------------apparently noone is on this board. I'm really upset. I tried suicide 4 times last year & am afraid i might try again.
Kate

Kate_Te replied to Kate_Te's response:
how can there be noone on this board? you can't tell me im the only one who is depressed tonight. I need to chat with someone who understands, bc I am really on the edge tonight..

soulkeepers replied to Kate_Te's response:
Hi Kate,

No you're not the only one who's depressed,I'm feeling pretty low tonight.

I'm sorry about your situation and wish I could help.

Kate_Te replied to soulkeepers's response:
Thanks Soulkeepers. I wish I could help you as well. I'm just pretty lost tonight. Feel completely alone.

The feeling of loneliness sucks big time.It makes things hard when you're depressed and seems like nothing is going right.

If you're lost you can find your way back,I have been there a few times.And when I think I can't make it,I do.

Thank you. I have been lost and found my way back before. I'm just scared tonight, bc I have been in this place before, where I see no way out and have tried suicide. It's weird, I don't want to die, Its like its not even me doing it. I just do it and then think, what the hell?
Thats why i wanted to chat on here tonight. i know if I talk about it i'll be less likely to do it.

You're welcome and that's how depression makes us feel.It makes us think that there's no way out,no one cares or will miss us when it's not true.

It covers us with a thick dark blanket and sometimes we can feel like we're being suffocated and it can be heavy too.I've been depressed for a few months and talking,writing,listening to music,taking a hot bath or shower,walking or call someone helps.

You have a purpose here and it's not you time yet.You're still here to do what you were put here to do.You have to find your calling.What makes you happy or smile?

Thank you Soulkeepers - I spoke with my therapist this morning, didn't tell her everything, but told her i had a bad night. am working towards ways of getting out of this financial mess. I'm doing ok right now, hope it stays that way tonight.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
Hiya Kate_Te and welcome hon. I'm so sorry you are in such a bad place.
Please don't forget to look at the great info at the top of this page on where you can get some free help as well. You can find that info here: http://forums.webmd.com/3/depression-exchange/forum/6522

Also please keep our list of Crisis Assisant Links near.

Sounds like you need to work through some things, and with the right Doc, and help you can move forward. I hope it helps you here to be among us and talk things out. And again welcome! We are here for you.
Chrissy~

When the world says, Give up,
Hope whispers, Try it one more time.
~Author Unknown

Hey Kate, I just reread this, how come you didn't share everything with your doc? I hope you are doing OK and you will check in soon.
Chrissy~

~Author Unknown

Kate_Te replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Chris-
I shared a little more with her today. I don't want to go back in the hospital. If I tell her how close I was I am afraid she'll want me to go back in. The further away it gets, the easier it is to tell her bc I will have shown her that I can remain safe.
Kate

I see Kate, but please if you are not feeling safe at anytime use the crisis numbers I've shared with you, or get back in touch with your doc, deal?

Hope it's a better day for you!
Chrissy~

~Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

rohvannyn
You are special. I just want to let you know what a wonderful person you are. You give great advice. You're a very giving person...and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.