Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Includes Expert Content
So many emotions...trigger?
shire_elf posted:
  • **************************************************************************************************************************

Right now I have so many emotions going through my head. To think that I have spent so many years feeling like I feel right now, in denial that I have a problem. The last five years I have just been trying to hide from the world. I've been trying to come out and live my life again and have found it so hard to do. The stress from being in nursing school has just gotten to me and brought up a lot of emotions that I didn't realize that I still had. I realize now that I just got so used to feeling bad that I don't know what it is like to feel happy, it's all sadness and anger. Even as I am sitting here trying this I am trying to up the emotion back down into me. This has to stop. I need to face this and I don't know how.

Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
    I agree. Consider seeing a therapist to help you navigate this?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Shire_Elf and welcome hon.
    I'm sorry you are in a bad place. Are you working with a doctor right now? You need to take care of yourself before you can take care of others, you know? I hope you check in again soon, and I hope you find some support here, but reach offline as well and get the help you need to feel better.
    Again welcome, I'm glad you found us.
    Chrissy~

When the world says, Give up,
    Hope whispers, Try it one more time.
    ~Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
    I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    32 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.