Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Most Recommended Common Methods of Helping Depression
Demons2011 posted:

• Maintain proper sleep habits as advised by your health care professional. Probably most difficult. In today's world - sleep is a luxury. For those with depression a God-send.

• Eat a well-balanced diet - Harder for those with eating disorders.

• Manage anxiety as advised by your health care professional Seems to always involve drugs with with drawl symptoms.

• Participate in a structured and supervised exercise program as advised by your health care professional - much harder than it sounds when you feel down, low energy etc.

• Set realistic goals for yourself - this one and the next I combine, it helps create a sense of worth.
  • Create small and manageable tasks

• Let others you can trust such as family and friends help you Trust is one of the difficult things to give, especially if you feel like a mental defective.

chez1 responded:
Hi D, great advice, when I get past the first point I will move onto the next, just 1 hour so far tonight, which is definitely not enough!!! I am going to try again but need to be out for work in 3 hours, a couple of hours will be good.
Hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Good points. It can be very important to get back to the basics in our self-care. It's remarkable how sometimes the simple things can make a difference if we keep them up.

Demons2011 replied to chez1's response:
Chez 1,

Got to agree - going back to the waking up around 1-3 AM - getting to sleep around 10pm at the earliest. Just when things were starting to improve. Try to get some rest kiddo! I know it's difficult when the mind won't rest or the dreams won't let you sleep.

Warm and tired fuzzy thought to you.

chez1 replied to Demons2011's response:
Hi D, thank you, it is nearly one in the morning here, I tried to sleep earlier with no luck but going to try again now, hope you get some rest
hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Comes to mind, a hot toddy might bring on the sand man.

chez1 replied to Demons2011's response:
Mmm, good plan I think
Scotch whiskey - check
Scothc honey - check
Sugar - check
Touch of cinnamon - check
Will tell you soon if it does the trick

Alright Chez you got me laughing. Some times hit helps.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.