Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

A Tribute. On the lighter side.
Demons2011 posted:
Wylie

Some times when I feel demented
along comes my companion to snuggle in my arms.

He doesn't care about worldly issues,
he is much better than a box of tissues.

He doesn't care about finances.
When he sees me he dances.

He's joy is apparent his flair and style.
Let me know it's going to be OK. For a while.

He walks with me and
talks to me all the while.

He dances, each step he takes is a prance,
Even in the darkest times, he makes me feel life can be chanced.

He knows when I am low,
snuggling under my arm to let me know he's my fellow.

He let's me know there is joy in life,
well beyond the touch of strife.

He let's me know I'm worthy of love,
he brings peace of mind far better than a dove.

He reminds me it's time to play,
and that all times should be gay.

He's much better than therapy by the doc.
After all he's never on the clock.

He gives himself, without a care, in this world filled with strife.
He keeps telling me, there is a reason for life.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank goodness for those wonderful companions!

MyRain responded:
Hey D,
I tried to comment on this awhile ago but unfortunately that reply has gone to the same place all the missing socks from the dryer go. Meaning we will probably never know.
Thanks for sharing the poem. Talk about unconditional love. Too bad humans aren't as good with it, am I right?

chez1 responded:
Hi D, thank you again, I miss my big hairy floppy boy, he passed away just over a year ago at the ripe age of 15, he was just the best. I now have a shared boy with my in-laws, he is just a lap dog, he smiles up at me and actually gives me cuddles, he sits like a baby on my lap, he is fab as well
Hope you are having a good day
Hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Demons2011 replied to chez1's response:
Chez,

I know how you feel - had to put to sleep our pet of 16.5 yrs. Kirby was great dog, but was in to much pain. He couldn't stand up to walk outside. Youngest son grew up with him, had to wait until he came home from college on his birthday. Felt incredibly horrible about that. We all cried like babies. He had his family with him. Wylie, has wormed his way into my heart big time. He's just so damn cute, even if over weight. Bad dad, I know - I am working on getting his weight back to where it belongs around 17lbs instead of 22lbs. So we are walking and playing every day and cutting back on his food from 3/4 cup two times a day to 2/3 cup. We'll see how it goes.

chez1 replied to Demons2011's response:
isn't it so easy to spoil them! I am sure the walking and playing will make up for less treats. Keep in your heart and continue to love him. I look everyday on the local dogs home to find the one waiting for his/her forever home
How are you doing?
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Demons2011 replied to MyRain's response:
Good Lord, when you're right, you're right.

MyRain replied to Demons2011's response:
Ok, you can laugh, but what exactly am I right about?

Funny that's where I got Wylie, at the humane society. He'd only been there long enough to get fixed. Really rare to find a Mini-Schnauzer at those locations. I knew from the moment I walked in that he and I were meant to hook up.

Demons2011 replied to MyRain's response:
LOL, the unconditional part of our companions. People could learn a lot from them.

Me? Feeling OK, seemed to really lift the mood writing about Wylie.

chez1 replied to Demons2011's response:
my hubby is adamant that we are not getting another one, but he is going to get a shock soon!! I am planning on only working 3 days a week through kids holidays so will have plenty of time to spend with a new pal!!!
Moral of this story, don't mess with Chez !!! lol

LOL, don't be naughty Chez.

I hope you find one that suits you perfectly. Also glad you looking into the SH group. Sounds like a good plan.

MyRain replied to Demons2011's response:
Ha! At least we can laugh sometimes.
Yep. I wonder why it's so darn hard for us to love unconditionally? Even semi-unconditionally? Especially ourselves?????

chez1 replied to MyRain's response:
you know what guys, I know this is going to sound warped, even a bit nutty but I am beginning to love everyone here unconditionally, stupid right??
I have known people for years and never shared a hug with them, actually frequently wont even sit near them, but you lot, somehow or another have managed to touch me!! wth?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.