Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Lost and about to lose hope
black_heart posted:
As far as my doc can tell I have depression and generalized anxiety disorder. Never been to a psych because I can't afford one and local health center that helps people that can't afford them only helps if you don't have insurance and I do but still can't afford a psych. I have depression, anxiety, hopelessness, guilt for no reason, get increased energy with severe agitation sometimes and etc. I have tried, zoloft, lexapro, paxil, paxil/impremine, welbutrin, currently Pristiq 100mg with buspar 15mg 2x day and hydroxyzine 25mg up to 3 times a day. Zoloft and welbutrin did nothing. Paxil, Paxil/impramine, lexapro made me nuts. Pristiq and rest of current meds help some but not nearly enough. I don't know what else to do. Any advice from a Dr on here would be great.
black_heart responded:
Also would like to note that my Dr. tried to add abilify to the mix but my insurance won't cover it and it's about $600.00 a month so there is no way I can afford that.
Demons2011 replied to black_heart's response:
Morning Black_Heart,

Not qualified to answer your questions. There is a section up top that lists resources, free and low cost might look there and see if any are available to you.
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Along with the info Demons pointed you too, talking here with others who understand can help.

And look for free support groups in your area. It can be enormously powerful to talk with others who share your struggles.

And there are some great books out there in the Psychology and/or Self Help sections of book stores and libraries which can also make a difference.
jaws86 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Caprice, are you here this W/E? My wife is on call so we are not going anywhere.
susiemargaret responded:
hello, B --

the list of resources for finding free/low-cost medical care, including counseling, is at . i don't think that all of them require that you don't have insurance.

as far as finding support groups, try some of these ideas --

-- NAMI (national alliance on mental illness), , where you can find local contacts and in-person support groups by clicking on your state;

-- DBSA (depression/bipolar support alliance), ; the top of the page mentions on-line support groups, but just below that is a map where you can click on your state to find local contacts and in-person support groups;

-- MHA (mental health america), ; you can find support groups by clicking on your state on the map;

-- call the depts of psychiatry at any large hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, medical schools, or nursing schools near you;

-- call the depts of psychology and/or social work at any graduate schools, nursing schools, or divinity schools near you;

-- look in the "community calendar" section of your local newspaper; and

-- do an internet search under -- (depression "support group" "name of your town" "name of your state") -- this will bring up many sites, but if you are looking for in-person rather than on-line support groups, you will probably be able to narrow down the most helpful sites fairly quickly.

i send you caring thoughts and hope you will keep us posted on how you are doing.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

hey members, never let depression over run you, because it could put you in jail for doing something to others. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.