Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depression & Susiemargaret
lukeperry posted:
Hi Susie,

I MISS you making me laugh, your wisdom and your brain! Do you know the latest wonderful things that have been happening? First there was breast cancer, then breast amputation, chemo, and of course radiation. When all of that was over, and I was breathing a sigh of relief, the doctor tells me that I have a brain tumor!

Do you believe it? It's starting to freak me out when I see someone in a white coat. I just know they are going to walk up to me and say,"Oh yes, did I tell you that we can't find your brain, we've looked and looked. It must have fallen out of your head. Let me do some brain surgery on you, to see if we can find it." "Come on, jump up here on my gurney, it won't hurt."

How have things been going on with you, your illness, and your doggies? Do you feel any worse? How is your sister, and does she come and visit a lot? Or do you even want her too,(a lot) I can't remember.

Sandy has been missing for about 3 wks., so I'm going to call her house tomorrow. I hope & pray that nobody died. Remember her brother? He's getting up there in age, and he's been kind of sick lately. I dread the call, because I don't know what to say, if anything bad has happened. Write me.

Luke

susiemargaret responded:
hi, luke --

how great to hear from you!

i'll send you an e-mail today.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

lukeperry replied to susiemargaret's response:
Hi Susie!

I still miss you, because you still haven't emailed me. Why don't you want to talk? I'm dying to know how things are going for you. Don't you care about Sandy and me anymore? We miss you VERY MUCH!

I thought you might have some surgical, medical, or mental advise for me. I'm kind of losing it, over my breast amputation, and then finding out that I have a brain tumor.

I'm also worried about you Your on here constantly helping everyone.(which is a great thing!) Always being a tower of strength! Then you never say how your doing, or ask for help. All you do is give, give, give. You can't keep doing that (&you know it) Because eventually, your emotions, and your mind will become completely depleted.

Before you know it, you'll be sitting in a rocking chair, in the corner, going "blub, blub," telling the staff," don't you dare speak to me that way! Don't you know who I am? My name is Marlyn Monroe, & you're all fired!"

You better write me at home like you promised! It's your turn to make me laugh!

Love, Luke

susiemargaret replied to lukeperry's response:
hi, luke --

i know, i'm a day late and a dollar short, so to speak. i've gotten sidetracked doing some research for a friend, which i am happy to do and enjoy doing, but it's taking me a lot longer than i thought it would. i printed out your post, tho, so i won't forget. it's sitting on my computer table, staring at me, even as we speak!

i am really sorry about your mastectomy and the brain tumor; i know you must be scared. us L helping?

give me a couple of days to get this research finished, and i promise an e-mail. in the meantime, i send caring and healing thoughts to my sweet friend (that's you).

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

lukeperry replied to susiemargaret's response:
Hello,

Your just as sweet as you always were!(ck spell) How is your bossy sister? Is she a little better? And I've been worried about your illness. Are you hurting or anything? Is she being sweet to you?

Is there any medication you can take for the pain? Sandy stays in constant pain, because all pain meds make her sick. Thank God it does't make me sick! I don't know what I'd do without my pain meds. Sometimes I have to be in a wheel chair(it will hurt my hips too bad to walk) and my spine.

Did I tell you that I moved to a new beautiful apt.? I had to get out of the cancer place, and Leland let me do it! It's $200. more a month, and worth every penny! When my hair grew back, it came in salt & pepper gray. I love it too, because I look like a different person. It's weird, every time I walk past a mirror, I say, "who is that girl?" It's in a pixie cut, and I love it. I need to send you a picture.

Well, all I've been doing is talking about me, write and tell me about you. Are you still in the book club, have you met a guy yet? Are you married?(laughing) How are the doggies? Write me.

Love, Luke

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.