Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    Includes Expert Content
    Years of depression
    An_245702 posted:
    Hi, I'm a 27 years old girl and since I was 13 I have had feelings of sadness, guilt, hopeless, worthlessness, anxiety, insomnia and eating disorders that never goes away. I had think to kill myself several times and I even cut myself for many years, although I have manage to stop it for the last year. I have never speak of this to anyone, and this is my first time doing it. I'm tired of feeling the way I do all the time, I know that I must see a professional but I only have money enough to live month true month. Is anybody have any advice or help to give me I would really appreciate.
    MyRain responded:
    Hi and welcome to the forum,
    I'm so sorry that you have suffered for so many years and can't afford treatment right now. Susie Margaret has put together a great list of free and low cost care options - see the link below. Please continue to post here. We know what its like to be depressed and we do not judge.
    Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
    Hello- so step 1 is sharing here. I think you may have a type of depression where once a week psychotherapy would help a lot. Please ask your general doctor to refer you to a psychologist for psychotherapy. Be honest and open about the depression and cutting so you can get help and start doing better/. I would specifically ask for a psychologist who can do psychodynamic therapy or DBT therapy as these seem very helpful to others with your type of depression
    An_245702 replied to Thomas L Schwartz, MD's response:

    Thank you so much for your help, I don't have a general doctor, but I went to a free clinic and they are trying to help, I will ask the doctor in there about the therapies you are suggesting me. I must say that talking helps a lot, but it's too hard to tell everything. I'll keep trying, thanks again...
    niteflier replied to An_245702's response:
    hi AN 702, welcome to the family. I am glad you went to a free clinic for the help that you need.
    i too understand that it is hard to tell everything. that is why this room is so great. there is no timelimit, nor expectation of 'telling' everything. if you are ready to tell everything, you will. if not thats ok too, we are here for each other.
    please keep posting and let us know if the clinic was able to help you. if not, there may be other options out there that someone here can suggest.

    hang in there, be kind to yourself, we are here if you just need to chat about the weather to get through the dark times.


    Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

    Helpful Tips

    iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.