Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

A Not So Good Weekend
BeHapppy118 posted:
Hello there everyone,
I hope that your days are filled with nothing but happiness. I haven't been on here for so long, but I finally noticed that it is helpful to me. I came on last night when I wasn't doing so well and I noticed myself smiling! I was in a better mood after.
I also notice that a lot of you post here almost everyday, don't know if I'm up for that yet..

Just thought I'd say that I had an emotional week. One moment I was happy, but the next moment I noticed myself wanting to cry and also I got so irritated at things. Then the weekend wasn't so good. I wasn't feeling so much sad but that I was unproductive, not wanting to do anything, and that bothered me a little because it bothers my family.

Just trying to have positive thoughts through all of this believing that things will get better. (And they will!)

alaska_mommy responded:
BeHappy,
I'm glad this forum was able to help you last night, I find that it helps me too to feel the support of all my friends here.

You don't have to post every day, you don't have to post at all, but you are welcome to post as often as you like. Lurking is ok too.

I'm sorry your week was an emotional roller coaster. I hope this coming week goes better for you!
Hugs,
Joy

jim531 responded:
Being unproductive is the most frustrating part of depression for me. I can get myself to work pretty much every day but as far as everything around the house, they don't get done. Then when the chores build up, I'm mad at myself for letting it slide. I also deal with the irritability. I go off for any little reason. I hope you are open to professional treatment and start feeling better soon. Best of luck.

Thistleblue responded:
Hi again,

I just noticed this post. I think the most discouraging thing is when we wake up and want to go back to bed. It happens to me a lot and I have finally allowed myself to indulge in it but I make a deal with myself. I have to get up early the next day and do something. Anything. And somehow I then go on to something else and many times, the momentum catches on.

Since I have experienced it so many times, I am not as alarmed by it as before. I know that I will get back in the saddle.
It is the guilt part that is hard.

I hope that you will feel a bit better tomorrow. I will check in and see how you are doing.

~thistleblue

BeHapppy118 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Thanks Alaska mommy! I hope that you are doing well.

BeHapppy118 replied to jim531's response:
Yes, it bothers me too. But it's good that you make it to work everyday. That's something. Don't be too hard on yourself. Thank you for your response Jim.

BeHapppy118 replied to Thistleblue's response:
Hello again Thistleblue!

Thank you for your concern. I think I am doing a bit better today. Trying to have positive thoughts.

alaska_mommy replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Hi BeHappy, doing ok, just kind of down but not too bad I guess. I hope you're all right tonight. Take care!
Joy

BeHapppy118 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hello. Glad to hear you are doing ok. I am doing alright I think, thanks.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Dont Like What I Have Become
Don't like what I have become......again...every few years I go down this hole and am scared to death More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.