Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

jaws86-blowup
jaws86 posted:
My wife and I just had the worst fight of our marriage and I am ready to tell her whole family to kiss my a**. So I did the responsible thing and took 6 Percocets- then I wont give a crap and get the h*** out of here. Im tired of this 100 degree temp with little air conditioning. Sorry had to vent!

An_240941 responded:
I live in southern Indiana. The weather out here really sucks & even really good air conditioning barely helps. I'm sorry you're fighting with your wife....

alaska_mommy responded:
Jaws...sorry to hear you had such a terrible fight! I think weddings are one of the most stressful things out there...otherwise there wouldn't be movies like "Father of the Bride" and such. I'm sorry you're stuck there in that mess when you would probably be more comfortable at home. I don't know what your usual dosage of Percs is...have you taken as many as 6 before? I hope you're going to be ok...try to get some rest and step away from the situation for awhile.

chez1 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hey Jaws, sorry things have went downhill for you, I know this is a big ask but any chance you can do something to stop you taking more meds, I know it is popping the pils seems easier (believe me I know) but in reality it isn't really going to help, particularly just now for you. You are nearly there, you are on the home run and will be back at home before you know it.
Hugs (lots of them to get you through the weekend)
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Mrs_Gantt responded:
The weather here in IN has been very hot... We only have air conditioning when sleeping in our upstairs bedroom so, being downstairs during the day is rough. I will admit it has made me quite crabby and hubby and I have had a few words here and there. Fortunately, we shrug it off pretty quick as he knows I do not handle heat very well.

Like others have said, you are on the home stretch. I do not know much about you as I am new here but from the responses of others here, they are here to support you in this endeavor. Just so as you know, I am here too. We all have to be here for each other.

Taking 6 of those is a lot from what I know of that med. I as well as others have said hope you got some rest and just keep looking towards the trip home... It is not that far off...

On a kinda good note, you may get some rain today... They are calling for rain north of I-70... (I am south of there so no rain for us) Down side is that means humidity and they said the storms could be severe...

Stay safe and give a shout out here if you need anything!
Peace, Love, and Hugs...

An_240941 replied to Mrs_Gantt's response:
It's suppose to be a high of 105 today in the southern part of Indiana I live in. I imagine a lot of people will be fighting today. I have errands to run all day today, which means I have to take my kids out in this heat & to top it off my car has no air conditioning. & my husband is suppose to be coming home tonight & I have to take an hr drive to go get him & an hr drive home. He is a trucker & his work yard is an hr from here. I'm hoping they just let him bring his truck home this weekend. I'm thrilled he is coming home but the drive is hard for the kids in the heat. Anyhow J, I hope things are looking up for you today dear.

Mrs_Gantt replied to An_240941's response:
An_240941 - I feel you on the no air thing, I do not have air in my vehicle either... AND, my front window do not go down, UGH... Glad your hubby is coming home for the weekend!
Peace, Love, and Hugs...

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.