Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Just a moan
chez1 posted:
Apology upfront but I just want to have a moan. I have no where else to put this and if I dont put it out there I will go all destructive and and mad and really all over nothing!
My big bro is visiting, I love having him here, he is great to me and to the kids. I went of for dinner with my bro and the kids were out with my hubby, we all got home round about the same time.
Well my hubby (who I get may be a bit annoyed at me at the moment) completely blanked my bro, no conversation, no how are you, did you have a good trip, what are your plans for the weekend and so on.
I am so bl**dy mad at him, it is just so rude.
As much as I love having my bro up, it is hard at the moment, you know the whole being sociable and stuff, just conversation is hard ,now given that my hubby knows how hard a time I am having of it at the moment you would think he may have managed some pleasantries!
I really am only sharing as this is such a trigger for me, but I know I can't react, it is crap and I am so angry and disappointed.
I am really struggling with having no support around me anymore.
Sorry for the moan,
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Mrs_Gantt responded:
Chez, We ALL need to moan every now and then... It can be very hard on relationships when family comes to visit. Remember though that you have support here. I know I am new and I am not very good with knowing the right things to say... (Part of the reason I have no friends I guess...) But I can say this... I can tell by your responses that you are a strong person... Keep your focus...

I am sending you a BIG {{{HUG}}}
Peace, Love, and Hugs...

MyRain responded:
Oh Chez,
I guess it's a good thing that a lot of guys don't notice that kind of stuff and he might not be offended that h ignored him. It is rude, rude, rude. Just remember that you are not responsible for any of h's responses/actions; they don't reflect on you.
Hugs.

niteflier responded:
Hey chez, moan away. that was rude of h not to even say hello. i hate that you do not have any support around you, but as Ms. G said, don't forget we are here for you . how long is your bro visiting you? I hope you ignore h's attitude and are able to enjoy the company of your bro while he is there.

sending (((hugs))) and love your way
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

Demons2011 responded:
Chez, from strictly a male point of view, H was being an A**!, a major one at that. Sometimes it's best said sweetly and very shortly. Something like, your behavior towards my brother and I was very disappointing - and walk away. Don't repeat yourself or discuss it further. Don't let him discuss it further with you. If he tries to, just look at him and walk away.

chez1 replied to Demons2011's response:
Thanks all, I will face H tomorrow.

D, sorry you are right 2 days is 2 days and it is way too long, Thud...
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Demons2011 replied to chez1's response:
Chez, hmmm I expected you to way more, your pretty light. Fairly easy to help back up on your feet.

God I wish!!
Why oh why is it so bloody difficult.
Humph...

ps - not just H

Ducking carefully, you OK?

yeah, just at a loss. every time I think I am moving forward I take a million steps back.
I really thought I would get through the weekend with ease given that my bro is up, I suppose it just goes to show me really cant fake it, that would be our feelings!!!!

Chez, so sorry to hear this, I think we all were hoping you would have a good weekend, the last couple have been rather disappointing for you. Wish we could group hug you.

sure I know you are all there!! And if you want to put your hands out I can hand over all that I shouldn't have to you!!
Wouldnt it be great if it was that easy........

Anyway enough self pity, time to sleep and move on.

May your dreams be of peaceful gardens, gurgling water and warm embraces from all your friends here.

Thank you D, I hope they are eternal with the above to keep me company

alaska_mommy replied to chez1's response:
Hi Chez, just wanted to say I'm sorry you're not doing well...I hope you are sleeping now. I'm not sure I have your schedule figured out yet. Is your brother still there now? Even though it's great to have family around us (at least if we get along well with them), it can still be pretty stressful with all the new demands on us for hospitality and socialization. I am sorry it's taken its toll on you.
HUGS
Joy

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.