Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Really bad day, everyone hates me
An_241352 posted:
I just don't know what to do. I am having a horrible time right now. I am getting yelled at every day, being told what I do is not good enough. I forgot to do something at work, which made another person a minute late, and then I got yelled at by that person who told me I should have gone to her clients to apologize for making her late to meet with them and take responsibility. I hadn't realized she would be late, and I didn't hear her ask me to go talk to them. She then went to the boss to have a conference, guess what about? so I will probably be yelled at. I tried talking to a coworker after work, just talking, and got told that he didn't want to speak with me, and asked me why I felt the need to talk anyway?
I just spent an hour crying. I don't know what to do. I am miserable.
It feels like no matter what I do, I screw up. I can't sleep at night, and going to work is getting harder and harder. Last month, when I still felt good about the job, I signed a contract for another year, but now I have no idea if I'll be able to survive it. I don't really have any friends around here. but here is where the money is, and I am afraid if I leave I won't be successful anywhere else. I don't know what to do, but I dread going in to work tomorrow. I apologized several times to my coworker who was angry, but I know that won't solve anything.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
It sounds like a very unpleasant work situation, at least at this point.

To get through this day remind yourself that what is done, is done, and go in and discuss this with your boss as calmly as you can. Take responsibility for your part and share why you didn't realize the other person would be late, etc., but that, either way, you didn't deserve to be yelled at.

Nothing you can do about it today so I hope you are able to surround yourself with some sunshine and celebration today. You'll get through this. (((hugs)))

Remind yourself to breathe.

niteflier responded:
Hey AN 352 I am sorry you are have such a hard time at work. My last job was similar to what you are going through, except the only ones who put me down and were mad at me were my 2 bosses. I let it go on so long I started having panic attacks so badly I almost blacked out. it was then (after almost 4 years of this) that i broke down and asked for help. They sent me to a counselor and a psych. put me on xanax, which helped me tremendously. Since then i have tried numerous medications for both depression and the panic attacks. now i take prozac and clonazopan.
do you have good medical care where you are at. It might be helpful to talk to a therapist (counselor). I was nervous for the first 3 months then opened up with each visit.
Take care and be good to yourself. I hope everyone at work changes their attitude and treats you right.
((((Hugs))))
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.