Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Checking you are all ok!
chez1 posted:
Hey all, I am just sending a message to catch up with everyone, I have missed some of you a lot, i have been trying to work out why I need to see that you are all ok and I have realised it is because we have come through so much, we have shared, we have shyed away, used bold letters to make our points, sat in silence in the background, but always been here for each other.
I want you all to know that I am here for you and want to hear from you.
Hugs as always
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Mrs_Gantt responded:
I know I have not been posting... I am battling my own issues and this heat we have been experiencing has just got me doing nothing but laying in my recliner with a ceiling fan, floor fan and personal fan... It has just been so depressing that I have done literally NOTHING!

I have to say however, it rained a short bit ago nice and steady for about 20 minutes... Hubby and I went and sat on the tailgate of the truck in the rain... It was AWESOME! We each had a beer in our hand and he leaned in and gave me a big kiss! I am now sitting in my recliner sopping wet but feel just absolutely awesome right now!

Just shows how weather can also affect our moods and our depression. The heat being so intense I found myself just angry at the world! I was afraid to post that I would say the wrong thing to someone or just rant about what seemed so awful to me at the time.

I have peeped in a few times at the board but just felt to angry to post anything... I knew the heat was getting to me so seclusion felt like the best medicine. I wanted to post about my new therapist but needed to let it all sink in... I think this one will work out. She said not to worry about my issues with anyone else right now, let us work on my issues with myself and helping me heal myself.

I sincerely hope everyone is doing welland I send {{{HUGS}}} to everyone as well...
Peace, Love, and Hugs...

Hawtmom responded:
Hi Chez I feel the same, I always wonder how everyone is doing. Everyone is so supportive and shares so much on here, sometimes more than you share with the people in your life, so of course we would care about everyone on here.
Hope you are doing well! <3

totalyfedup replied to Hawtmom's response:
Hi Chez1, I was wondering where everyone went too, it's been quiet. I replied to one of your posts the other day, I was wondering if you were Scottish. If you can try and find my posts.

tfu
need support

chez1 replied to totalyfedup's response:
hi tfu, I just read your post, yes I am Scottish and the weather continues to be naff. I am sitting watching Murray in the tennis, he has little chance of winning but sure I will sit and watch and squirm until the end!!
Where were your folks born? Have you ever been over here?
Things do get quiet here particularly over weekends and holiday, and people do come and go.
How are you?
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

alaska_mommy replied to Mrs_Gantt's response:
Hi Chez, thanks for checking on us. I'm doing ok, seems the Wellbutrin makes me a little too awake and I don't want to go to sleep at night. But, I don't like going to sleep anyway and I avoid it so it's probably not really the Wellbutrin. I am feeling real good lately, had a great day yesterday--helped my good friend do some painting on her house (exterior) and felt really good about myself. Getting excited about thinking about getting pregnant so that makes me feel happy too. I feel like the Wellbutrin is helping me.

Mrs G, oh man I hear you about heat, when it gets up past 80 or so indoors I just turn into a blob. I always say I melt when it gets too hot. I just can't function..my brain is sluggish, my body is tired, and I just feel apathetic all over! It doesn't help matters at all if you add depression into the mix. Just makes you feel worthless when you're not getting up and doing stuff. I'm glad you caught a nice little moment in the rain!

Hawtmom, good to see you again!

And tfu, I hope you're doing ok.

totalyfedup replied to chez1's response:
Hi Chez1, How did he do in the tennis? My parents were born in Glasgow, but my Mom spent allot of time in Stoer ,inverness and skye(hope I spelled them right) I never been but I really would love to be able to go, it's been a dream of mine forever. Maybe some day.
Other than that not doing so good, I haven't been able to leave my apartment in 2 days now, I hate it when this happens, I feel like a caged animal.

tfu
need support

totalyfedup replied to Mrs_Gantt's response:
Hi Mrs.G_antt, A nice cold beer sounds go to me right now, it has been very hot here too.I was wondering where everyone went to for the paat few days.
Can't wait to hear about your new Therapist, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

tfu
need support

totalyfedup replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi am, I am glad to hear that the Wellbutrin is helping you. I think I had tried it once, cant' remember the name of all the meds I have tried. Sometimes I just feel like tossing all my meds. out the window, I know I won't sometimes I get so sick of taking them, I know they do help, but I get very frustrated with myself so easily because I shouldn't just depend on them so much and that I have to try an make more effort to do things to change my life around. It's hard.
It has been very hot here too yesterday it was 108 with the humid-x I felt like a blob too.

tfu
need support

Anubis66 responded:
I'm still here. Been feeling not very good lately. Depression still bad and anxiety is more of a problem right now. Dr. keeps changing my medication. Now I am taking paxil, seroquel, and klonopin. Extremely tired and just wonrdering when I'm ever going to feel better. Hope everyone else is ok.

Jeff

alaska_mommy replied to totalyfedup's response:
tfu,
I hear you on wanting to throw out the meds. I tried that about a month ago, with doc's permission just wanted to get off of EVERYthing so I could see what my baseline is. Well, it wasn't good, a month of no meds and I went back on them. But it was nice to know they at least were making a difference.

Jeff--
I'm sorry that you're still feeling really bad even with all those medications on board. How often does your doc change your meds? I'm sure you know already but I'll say it anyway, you need at least a good 4 weeks to know if a med is going to make a difference (with the antidepressant meds anyway). Hopefully your doc is giving your meds time to work. I hope you find something soon that helps you!
Joy

niteflier responded:
Hey Chez, sorry I have not been posting - nothing good to say (i know I can post even if it is not good).

How have you been doing? I need to catch up on posts. I hope you are doing ok.

the 4th went fine until the evening then it went down hill quickly. i have been trying to ignore it, but it just wont go away. I did realize one thing.....everyone/everything I am around turns to crap - like i carry and then dump a darkness over everything.

I mainly wanted to drop in to touch base and to thank you for checking on everyone.

(((((Hugs)))))
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

chez1 replied to niteflier's response:
Hey nf, I am sorry you are having such a crap time of it, you sound really down, I would hate to try and put a colour on it.
Please keep in touch, you are in my thoughts and I am sending you love and many hugs
Chez x

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.