Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

My Rain, Niteflier
Demons2011 posted:
Just wondering how you two are doing? I know Chez is OK - surviving . Ak-Mom seems to be the strong one right now in our little group. But miss you two.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

alaska_mommy responded:
Ditto that, D! I know MyRain had something come up with her mom, I think..she was in the hospital? So she was having a hard time keeping in touch being busy with that. NF posted recently, so she's here!

niteflier responded:
Hey D, thank you for checking on us. i am maintaining - wish i could say something more positive, but i am not there yet. i hate when i get this way - i know there are others out there hurting more than i am, yet i still can't find my way out of this 'well' i am in. what is wrong with me? i hate feeling this way, but my brain constantly works against me.
i'm sorry D, perhaps tomorrow morning will bring in some new light. thanks for being there.
((((hugs)))))
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

chez1 replied to niteflier's response:
hi nf, I have just responded to the other post, but I need to add here, please don't be so hard on yourself, you are feeling how you are not because of something you have done or because there is something wrong with you but because of the crap illness that you (we) have. Focus on hating the disease and not you!
more hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

MyRain responded:
Hey D,
How are you doing? I'm sorry and I've missed you guys too. My mom is better and plans on having heart surgery in a month or two. I am still having ab issues (need to follow up on that this week) and work is an absolute madhouse. Just trying to keep head above water, I'm sure you know how that is. I am also feeling rather fat (emphasis on feeling)...no worries I continue to eat well, as I should, and have not lost any weight. Still sad, fighting feelings of worthlessness, etc. Sounds like same old same old, doesn't it?????

MyRain replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi AM,
How are you doing? Sorry I haven't been in touch. It is good to be back though. What is new with you? I am still having ab pain & need to follow up on it. Mom is ok, and wants surgery in a month or two. Work is crazy. Feeling fat but eating ok. Pretty much the same old here!

MyRain replied to niteflier's response:
Hey NF,
Sorry I've been out of the loop lately. Sorry you are in a rut right now. You know you will come out of it....sometimes it helps me if I recognize that there is an end to it. I'm afraid this is a long term thing for most of us and we get the ebbs and flows, ups and downs. Hang in there please and write when you can.

MyRain replied to chez1's response:
How are you doing Chez?

chez1 replied to MyRain's response:
Hi MyRain, thank you for asking, I am having a good day and I am quite upbeat just now. I have not been around much lately either but popped into today and have been fairly vocal on posts.
How are you doing?
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

niteflier replied to chez1's response:
Hey Chez, thank you for the kind words. this morning i am feeling a bit better, sometimes i just can seem to calm everything down in my head. you are correct it is a crap illness.
i am embracing the hugs - thanks so much

How have you been doing?

((((Hugs)))) back at you
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

niteflier replied to MyRain's response:
Hey myrain, thank you - i agree, there must be an end to this crap disease(or if not an end - a point where we are in control and not it) - it does help to think about that. i am sorry i missed reading about what you are going through - i hope you are hanging in there. being in pain sucks and i hope yours will subside soon - i wish there were something they could give you to control it. I am glad to hear that your mother is doing ok. please keep us updated on how she is doing (and of course how you are doing).

(((((Hugs)))))
Niteflier

chez1 replied to niteflier's response:
hi nf, glad to see you, are you ok, any pain?
I am ok, think I may have had way too much energy earlier today as beginning to flag a bit now (its only 9pm).
My kids are going to stay with my bro for a few days so I am now packing their stuff, its funny because they have done nothing but bug me all day but now that I am packing, I know I am going to miss them, I am so pathetic when it comes to the two of them (and I think they know it).
Anyway, have you any plans for the day?

niteflier replied to chez1's response:
Hey Chez, glad to hear you are ok. i am lucky - no pain. it is funny how kids affect us that way. Its great actually.
no plans for the day, may go for a walk - it is nice out. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy some 'me' time while your kids are visiting your bro.

Do you have any plans while they are away?

(((((Hugs)))))
Niteflier

Demons2011 replied to niteflier's response:
Spent most of day in pool - going over 100 today. No break in 95 days for last three weeks. Heading to daughters for burgers, homemade coleslaw, sweet corn and other goodies.

Hope all are having a good day.

niteflier replied to Demons2011's response:
Hey D, that sure does sound yummy. i am happy to say we are no where near 95 degrees. i don't know if i could handle that again.
i hope you enjoy your day and the good eating . always better when homegrown.

stay cool

(((((Hugs)))))
Niteflier

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.