Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Rend Asunder (trigger)
Fowden posted:
A depression community...which has done little more than effectively "switch on" the vacuum, and suck out what was left of me. Not qualified as a judge, I see this as a private club vs. community. Membership withdrawn.

Demons2011 responded:
Fowden, sorry you feel that way. Not sure what makes you feel this way. The group here has been very supportive of me. Only been here since April.

alaska_mommy responded:
Hi Fowden,
I'm not sure what happened to make you feel that way, but I'm relatively new here, and these folks have made me feel welcome and it's a good place to let out your frustrations.

Sometimes when someone is wrestling with depression, reading about others' struggles can make it feel worse. So perhaps for some people this room would drag them down because it does have a lot of suffering discussed here.

I don't see any posts for you save for one comment on someone else's post, not sure how we could have made you feel unwelcome if you did not post in the room at all? If you are someone who prefers to lurk, you're welcome to do that. But I wasn't even aware you were coming here, unless you've been posting Anon. I hope that if you need someplace to vent that you would give this room a chance. I know it has helped me. You're welcome to visit us any time if you decide to.

chez1 responded:
Hi Fowden, can I ask have you been posting anonymously prior to this, as I am with A-mom, can't see any previous posts from you. I am sorry you feel that we have " done little more than effectively "switch on" the vacuum, and suck out what was left of you", I am not sure how that has come about.

As for it being a private club, well that simply is not true, the community has fluctuation periods and people come and go, I hope as and when they are well/unwell as opposed to welcome/not.

Saying that, I can see that there are several of us that are posting frequently just now and checking in on each other to see how each person is doing, we are using user names in titles to alert concerns and to draw attention to individuals to show that we are concerned, I could imagine if you were new to the community that this may appear a bit overwhelming, however from a personal point of view I would see that as a positive and caring but I may be biased as I have been here for a long time (on and off for 2 years).

Fowden, I hope you come back a check out these responses and give the community a chance. I would also urge you to look at the discussions page and see that there have been lots of new members come to the group in the past week or so who have felt welcomed and actively participated in conversations, I can also say there are lots of people who sit behind the screen and just watch, which again, I think is a good thing it it helps them feel safe.

I do want to say as a note, that this is not a live discussion group and we are a worldwide community living in different time zones so responses are not always timely.

Again, Fowden, I am sorry you have not felt welcome in this group.
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Fowden replied to chez1's response:
Chez1, Thank you for your benevolent response. It was illthought for me to imply that "the depression community" was in any manner answerable for my situation.

chez1 replied to Fowden's response:
Hi Fowden, thank for checking back in, I not too sure you are convinced that the community can help you, but can I ask that you give us a chance, we are here to help each other and I personally would hate to think that someone was left feeling unwanted.
Take care of youself and please post if you want to
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Demons2011 responded:
Fowden, glad you decided to hang around for a bit. It really is a pretty good group people I've met. Each has their own issues, even though some of us (me) may not understand the the persons starting point for depression. Each of understands depression, to well.

alaska_mommy replied to Fowden's response:
Fowden---I'm sure for some this room would be a help, and for others it might make them feel worse. If it's not helping you, I can understand that. Hopefully you are getting professional help for your depression.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Fowden,

I hope you find support here and I'm glad you realize it's not a fix all, certainly not on the internet, but it's a great place to talk and find those that can relate and share their own experiences.
I'm glad you are still here too.

Don't forget please, if things ever get to rough keep these Crisis Numbers near.
Chrissy~

When the world says, Give up,
Hope whispers, Try it one more time.
~Author Unknown

chez1 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Chrissy, how are you doing? Is it good to be back? Love your new profile pic
hugs
Chez x

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.