Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

How are you doing SusieMargaret?
MyRain posted:
Sorry I haven't been here much lately. Just wanted to say hi and see how things are? Are you wearing your sparkly shoes? Is your dog following you to the bathroom? Been to any tea parties lately?

Demons2011 responded:
Yeah, it's MYRain - so glad to see you. Hope Mom is doing good and you as well.

chez1 responded:
Hi Susie-Margaret
Just thought I would bump myrain's post up, how are you doing?
We are missing you
sending many hugs and well thoughts your way
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

susiemargaret replied to chez1's response:
hello, M, D, C, and all --

thanks so much for asking about me; it's nice to be told that i've been missed (somehow i didn't see when M posted originally, so thank you, C, for bumping this thread up). my spirits have been good, but the fatigue that has been plaguing me is still following me around! it has put me out of commission, so to speak, for a couple of weeks; however, after concentrating really hard on getting more sleep and sticking to a less erratic schedule, i'm starting to feel better.

as a matter of fact, despite the unbelievably hot weather here, i have been driving around with the top down on my car, and wearing my sparkly sandals (which i actually have in several colors!), and going to afternoon tea at my english friend's house (did i mention she is 90?). plus lulu keeps track of me, no matter where (ahem!) in the house i am!

whether or not i am posting regularly, i am always moved by the wisdom, compassion, and emotional support that the people in this community offer to each other. one of the most inspiring things to me is that this community does not depend on just one person; it truly is a collective effort. people who are feeling emotionally able to respond to various posts do so; when those people are feeling less able, tho, others respond instead.

i send caring thoughts to all.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

alaska_mommy replied to susiemargaret's response:
Hi SM, it's good to hear from you! I'm glad that you're getting out in your car with the top down, and wearing sparkly sandals to boot! Sounds like fun to me. And then to go to afternoon tea time? Awesome! Does your friend use pretty china and a tablecloth and such? How about those little finger sandwiches or scones? I love a fancy tea, it's so fun.

I hope you continue to get some better rest, it's good to see your face on here again.
I agree that this community is great! It always seem to surprise me with the way everyone cares for each other. When I first started posting here I was afraid it was going to be depressing to me to read about everyone else's depression. But it hasn't been like that at all. It's been comforting and helpful the way everyone tries to help.

susiemargaret replied to alaska_mommy's response:
hello, A --

sparkly green sandals today, sparkly hot pink sandals yesterday! tea last weekend with scones, those english cookies they call "biscuits," and chocolate-covered strawberries!

i went to one of my writing groups this morning and saw a friend in the parking lot at the library. she had never seen the car before and almost fell over in shock. i have to admit that i got a kick out of her reaction!

my sister's dog is visiting for a few days while my sister is out of town. of course, lulu is making sure that he understands her position as Queen of the Establishment, but all is working out well because he is very mellow and sweet.

i send caring thoughts to all. i am feeling pretty well today.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

Good to hear SM, glad you're feeling good. And lots of sparkly sandal-wearing! Good for you. The tea sounds wonderful! And chocolate-covered strawberries to boot? Woohoo!

I'm glad the two doggies are getting along. And that you got a fun reaction about your nice red car.
Take care!

susiemargaret replied to alaska_mommy's response:
hello again, A --

ahem! my nice blue car!

-- susie margaret

Oops SM! My bad...I guess somehow I imagined red with the convertible, sparkly sandals and all...I thought you had said red but now I know I made that up in my head! Haha! I do love the color blue so I would give you a two thumbs up on that choice.

MyRain replied to susiemargaret's response:
Hi SM,
Sorry for the delayed response - I've been offline for a little bit. I hope your energy is continuing to increase (or at least stay stable). I am excited to hear that you have more than one pair of sparkly sandals! How fun! Can I ask if you paint your toenails? Sorry if I asked you already and forgot, but does Lulu ride with you sometimes? Glad she's still keeping track of you I have a cat, believe me there is no such thing as privacy from her at my house! Oh, excuse me, at her house, where she so kindly lets me live.
Hugs to you.

chez1 replied to susiemargaret's response:
Good to see you back SM, hope you are managing to keep your strength up and the fatigue at bay.
Sending you hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

chez1 replied to MyRain's response:
Hey MyRain
How are you doing, good to see you back, you have been missed
Hugs
Chez x

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.