Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Trigger - Here we go again
MyRain posted:
[TRIGGER] Battling the eating thing and giving into it. Planning to not eat today. Feeling utterly worthless. On the verge of tears. Here we go again...
FirstPrevious12NextLast

chez1 responded:
hi myrain, god i hear your frustration, depression is indeed relentless in its persistence to get at us! Try and stay strong and if possible try and eat at least a small amount.
As for feeling worthless, please believe me you are far from worthless, the support you offer to others is amazing, the support you have offered to me is second to none and I think on occasions has kept me on the safe side of the very tight rope I walk.
Keep us posted on how your day goes
warm hugs coming your way
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Demons2011 responded:
MyRain, I see my double post to you was needed. Come on girl (lady) you're strong! This may sound like a dumb question. When you get into the eating mode, can you eat real small meals? Or does it go into must eat or no eat mind set. I must admit I don't know much about eating disorders. Doubt most men do.

Know this, my arms are stretching out to give you a big hug in whatever way you need it. Very platonic of course.

alaska_mommy responded:
Aw MyRain, I'm so sorry. I hate this danged disease, it takes wonderful people like you and makes them feel miserable even though they are amazing and so kind.
Also...one day of not eating will not do too much damage, but can I suggest maybe downing a couple of Ensure-type drinks? If you can.
And feel free to call the crisis line! You are entitled to all the help you can get on days like today.
Big hugs from over here in WA...hope you start feeling better VERY soon....
Joy

MyRain responded:
Thanks Chez, D & AM,
You will be pleased to know that I did just eat dinner. Yay for me! I was able to exercise a bit which helped my mood and made it easier for me to think about eating.
Thank you for supporting me. I knew this was going to be a long road and I would be tempted....but you helped me stay safe.
Still battling the feelings, but that is to be expected I think...

chez1 replied to MyRain's response:
indeed yay you, well done. i am proud of you and hope you are proud of yourself. Remember we are all here
hugs
c x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Demons2011 replied to MyRain's response:
MyRain,

That's a major victory for you! You should be proud of yourself. I know those of us here are proud of the effort you made today. Couldn't be happier for you.

MyRain replied to chez1's response:
Thanks Chez. What would I do without you? How are you doing today my BNWF?

alaska_mommy replied to MyRain's response:
Hooray, MyRain! Congrats on taking care of yourself and not starving your body. Glad to hear you were able to exercise too. That's great! When's your next appointment for the ab pain?

BeHapppy118 replied to MyRain's response:
Hello MyRain,

I'm glad to hear that you ate, even though you were having trouble with your eating. Yay for you!! You haven't been posting as much, I was wondering how you were.

It's nice to see you here again and I'm happy that you are taking good care of yourself.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

MyRain replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hey AM,
Thanks. It is so good to exercise and for some reason it helps me be able to eat - I guess it's a justification - if I'm burning calories I can eat. It works - that's the main thing!
How are you doing?

MyRain replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Hey BH,
Good to hear from you. How are you doing? It is good to be back in touch. This is a tough stretch....

alaska_mommy replied to MyRain's response:
Hey MyRain,
Doing pretty good today, even though it's too soon to tell yet I am obsessively peeing on home pregnancy tests. I mean like two a day. Hehe. And oh wait, I have a different brand...maybe it will show a line? It's nuts. But hey, it's keeping me busy and the tests are the cheapy ones (Dollar Tree) so it's not costing me an arm & a leg! I still need to wait at least 5 more days to really be able to tell anything. I will have to ration the tests as I only have 6 left here at home.

MyRain replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hey AM,
I hope you don't mind that I'm LOL! Thanks for making me smile. Hope you get good news soon

BeHapppy118 replied to MyRain's response:
Hello MyRain,

I am doing well actually, thank you for asking.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.