Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Staying Off
Demons2011 posted:
Not in the best shape. Still have a fever. 3 days later. 101+ I want to be real careful in what I'm saying. Don't want to say anything to upset anyone. Right now not even sure it this is OK. Just know I care about each of you and sending feverish hugs your way. Good thing it's hugs via internet. Don't think you want this stuff.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totalyfedup responded:
Hi D, Is it a cold you have? Hope you feel better soon.

hugs back at ya,
tfu
need support

Demons2011 replied to totalyfedup's response:
Guessing some type of virus, fever has lasted a long time for a general cold. Has some of the same symptoms, cough, congestion. Has some new ones to, dizzy, light headed, shooting pains in the toes, fingers, knees enough to wake you up up, body aches galore. It doesn't quite feel like anything I have before. No Mosquito, or tick bites. So no West Nile Virus or Lyme's disease. NO way I'll be driving until it clears up some. I've been pounced on, need to let my buddy out

alaska_mommy replied to Demons2011's response:
Aw D, I didn't know you were sick! I'm sorry.
I hope you're not one of those kinds of men who just toughs stuff out even when they have crazy symptoms...and then doesn't tell anyone till their toes start falling off...lol. I am a little worried about you though. Have you been to the doctor? I would worry about being feverish for that long and then being dizzy and the shooting pains. I hope you go get checked out, and (heaven forbid) even enlist a family member if you don't feel up to driving yourself. Keep us posted!

Demons2011 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
A-Mom, who me? I wouldn't do that. *-) see I have an honest smile. I am good boy, had to cancel my 1st therapy appointment today. If condition same I'll go to doctors tomorrow. Especially due to weekend

OK. You better, or I'll have to go to your house and beat your door down. Or maybe I'll just anonymously call an ambulance on you. You wouldn't want that, would you?

A-Mom - such tender motherly concerns. I'll behave.

chez1 responded:
Hi D, hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

Hehe D. Can't help it, it's my nature.

MyRain responded:
That doesn't sound good D. Please go to the Dr's tomorrow if you're not better, k? I bet Wylie is even worried....

Demons2011 replied to MyRain's response:
Going tomorrow, fever shot up a couple of degrees tonight, Aspirin brought back down right away. Just too many days of this stuff.

Good, go as early as you can, D. Don't want to mess with something with weird symptoms like that and a prolonged fever like that. And keep the aspirin running...you might even set an alarm for the middle of the night to take more. If your fever gets too high you can get delirious and if it's really really high (105 or higher I think?) your brain can cook. No one likes cooked brains, we all know they are best when raw. So be careful D. And don't mind my mother-hen-ing, my mom was a nurse so I got just enough medical smarts to make me worry but not enough to know what the heck is wrong. Heh. Plus my DH is an EMT and he always worries about everything.
Anyway, get well soon! Gonna take our little guy in to the doc tomorrow too, he's all snot nosed and coughing. Poor little booger.

Finally back, Bronchitis well on it's way to Pneumonia. No wonder I fell like I have been repeatedly kick all over the body. Think I'll lay down - totally wiped out.

BeHapppy118 replied to Demons2011's response:
Aww. That stinks, I've had that before, it isn't fun. Hope that you feel. better really soon. Rest as much as you need to.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Aw man, D. Is it viral or bacterial? I mean, can they treat it with antibiotics or do you just have to do support measures and wait it out?
I hope you start feeling better soon...although I'm guessing it's going to be a little while before you're 100%.
Please take good care of yourself, and if you need to ask for help or visitations from family...don't let your pride get in the way, ok?
If I was anywhere near you I'd cook you some soup and get you all situated with water and the TV remote. I'm sure Wylie is taking good care of you though.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.