Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Painting
alaska_mommy posted:
So I finally decided after being encouraged to do it for many years, to try to make some paintings to sell. I'll try marketing to my Facebook friends first, maybe one of them will pity me and buy my first one lol.
Here's what I painted last night:

"Beatha" means "life" in Gaelic. I've got Scottish and Irish blood in me so I thought it would be cool to add that. It's sort of a tribute to my hope to get pregnant, and to new life in general.

Demons2011 responded:
Excellent painting, doesn't look rusty at all! Good job, keep painting, my skills weren't that good at all. Sorry I am barely able to type. It's taking 5 minutes to make corrections to this short piece. On the getting pregnant, of course make sure drugs take a safe. There is a golden rule for this one too. Practice, Practice, Practice, relax and practice so more.

chez1 responded:
Hey Joy, this is fantastic, well done you. Keep going with it, you have alot of talent
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

alaska_mommy replied to Demons2011's response:
Thanks D, don't work to hard at typing if it's hard for you, just rest your poor head and try to take it easy. Are you alone there? Be sure you tell someone you're feeling poorly (family, friend)...I don't want you to get so bad you can't think straight to call for help. OK? Promise me you'll take good care of yourself.
And thanks for the compliments!
I did check with my doc about meds and pregnancy, and she tweaked them to where she is comfortable with me getting pregnant on what I'm taking.
And yes, practice is good! hehe.

Chez, thanks! I hope I can bring in some money for my family, that's my primary concern.

BeHapppy118 responded:
Oh, this is beautiful!! It's so nice to know that you are into painting, I'm into art myself. Did you paint yourself in the painting?
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

MyRain responded:
Good job AM! I can see hope and anticipation for the future in there...

alaska_mommy replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Thanks BH! It's not really me, I didn't intend for it to look like me that is...I made the skin darker (since I'm a pasty Alaskan white) and also since I am planning to sell it I didn't want it to look like me for that reason. Sort of wanted an in-between skin color that would appeal to a wider audience.
What kind of art do you like to do? I wanna see!!

MyRain, thank you, yes I do feel more hopeful for the future, mostly right now thinking about making more of a difference in our lives as far as hoping to sell and make some money and feel like I have more of a purpose. And then also feeling hopeful about getting pregnant again. Who knows, maybe the painting will bring me luck.

BeHapppy118 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Oh, ok. I can understand that. I don't paint too often, I like drawing. But I don't really think I'm THAT good, or as good as you. I've never drawn anything I could sell, I just draw a little bit.
I do like to see what other people come out with and maybe get inspired by it.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Ahh, Joy, so beautiful in so many ways!

Would you like to share your thoughts and gift with our Pregnancy or Trying to Conceive Members?

Elizabeth

alaska_mommy replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Sure, Elizabeth! Thank you

alaska_mommy replied to BeHapppy118's response:
That's cool BeHappy, it's fun to have a creative outlet whether you think you're good at it or not...just for the pleasure of it. My sister used to always think growing up that she was not artistically inclined, it was always, "Oh, you're the artistic one," (saying that to me). But recently she found out she does have artistic talent. She paints now. So I think if you have the desire or the inspiration, don't compare to anyone else, just enjoy doing it for you.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.