Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Feeling Down, Don't Know If This Is A TRIGGER..................................
BeHapppy118 posted:
The last time I posted, I didn't think what I wrote was a Trigger but it was marked as Trigger so I'm just being careful this time.

Hello, today I'm feeling down because my family went out for the day and I was supposed to go with them, it was going to be fun. We only go once, maybe twice a year. That's why I am so down over it. But, because I just couldn't get myself up today, I didn't get to go..
I slept a lot of the day and I didn't really get much done.. And those that are in my life, I didn't really treat so well today, when they really didn't do anything wrong. I feel lonely and yet when I'm with those special people in my life, they try to be there for me yet I don't treat them so well because of my mood.

I just hate how Depression robs you of the things you want to do. You feel like doing something one day, and the next day, you'd be better off just staying in bed when you really want to get out and do something. I don't like how almost everything is like a battle for me.

Haven't really felt any better today so I thought I'd post but I feel like I'm complaining.
Thinking of all of you and hoping that you are having a much better day.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

MyRain responded:
Oh BH, I'm sorry. That is so hard. I know I have had those days when I can barely make myself get out of bed. How awful that you had one today when you had wonderful plans. Depression can be so evil. Please don't kick yourself for this or feel bad for posting. We are here for you and we understand. Put this day behind you and start over again tomorrow please. Keep writing and some hugs are on their way.

BeHapppy118 replied to MyRain's response:
Thank you so much MyRain. That was very encouraging. I will try and put yesterday behind me and see how today goes.

Thank you for the hugs! Hugs back to you.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

chez1 responded:
Hi BeHappy, how are you doing today?
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

BeHapppy118 replied to chez1's response:
Hello Chez! I am doing the same today. Trying not to be so hard on myself today. Thank you for asking. How was your day today?
- Stephen Chbosky

MyRain replied to BeHapppy118's response:
You are very welcome, glad I could help a little bit. Thanks for my hugs! I got them!
Nothing new here - same old same old, which I guess isn't all bad...

BeHapppy118 replied to MyRain's response:
Yes! You made me smile. And you are welcome! I am glad that you got those hugs. And I'm also glad to hear it's the same old thing, it can be a good thing, nothing out of the ordinary. We have enough to deal with already.
- Stephen Chbosky

alaska_mommy responded:
Hey BeHappy,
I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday...boo for that! I know just what you mean. I feel like I can't plan anything with anyone, because what if I'm having a down day that day? I don't want to embarrass myself by having to back out without a real reason. So a lot of times I try not to plan anything unless it's a spur-of-the-moment thing. So I hear ya!
I hope tomorrow goes better for you...keep your head up, you will get through this! And do continue to be kind to yourself, it does seem to help. The less self-condemnation, the better!

BeHapppy118 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Yes! I feel the same way you do. I feel like I can't plan anything with anyone because usually I back out.. I can't even make my appointments. Anyway, it wasn't just that day, this whole week has been an off week. Thanks for the encouragement, there's always a way to make it through.
- Stephen Chbosky

alaska_mommy replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Stinks, doesn't it? It's like someone who has panic attacks, or who is afraid of elevators. Really gets in the way of living your life the way you'd like to. I'm sorry you've had an off week. Hoping the streak of bad times breaks soon! Keep talking it through, here or to your loved ones, it seems to help.

BeHapppy118 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Yes, I know what you mean. Thank you Alaska Mommy! Talking does help a bit.
- Stephen Chbosky

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

safe AD to take with tramadol.
my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.