Includes Expert Content
Where do I go from here
SmarieL posted:
I just found out that I am bi-polar depressed and I don't understand whats wrong with me

alaska_mommy responded:
Hi SmarieL,
Were you diagnosed by your doctor with bi-polar and depression? Or how did you find out?
From what I understand depression can be caused by circumstances, destructive self-talk, toxic relationships, unresolved anger or guilt, or it can also be a chemical imbalance in the brain. I'm not sure about bi-polar since I haven't read up on it very much, but I would imagine it would be similar, it could either be something external, biological, or emotional. Are you going to be seeing a therapist about this?

Thomas L Schwartz, MD responded:
Hi- can you be more specific. ? Do you not understand why you were diagnosed with this? not understand your symptoms or treatments? not understand where depression comes from? let us know and we can try to help

SmarieL replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Yes I was diagnosed by a doctor in the field. I understand my depression but my bi-polar is a big part I don't understand and how they are connected.

SmarieL replied to Thomas L Schwartz, MD's response:
I don't understand how they can both be a part of me..... I don't understand where or how I got like this or how I can fix myself..