Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Tired Of Fighting
BeHapppy118 posted:
Hello, thinking of all of you and I hope that you are ok.

I'm just tired of all the fighting to get through each day. All the challenges we have to face. It's much harder with Depression. All of the different emotions and trying to fight them. Didn't have a good day today, but I know I have to keep fighting, can't give in just yet, I won't.

Right now, I feel like I'm in the eye of the storm. I'm calm but I feel like the storm isn't over yet.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

alaska_mommy responded:
BeHappy, I definitely know the feeling. Sometimes you just get so tired of fighting it all the time and think, what if I just let it consume me? Just relaxed and let go? I'm not sure what would happen, but I don't think it would be a pretty sight. Wouldn't it be nice if that were the cure though? Just relax, give in to it, let go, surrender...but no, with depression, it's always a battle...it's always a war over your mind. I don't like fighting either. It's hard. It's messy. It's draining, it's mind numbing, it's tiresome. It's exhausting. But every day we must push on...if only to say, we made it to the next day.

chez1 responded:
Hi BeHappy, sorry you are having to fight so hard. It is exhausting. Well done on not giving in, give yourself credit for it.
I often worry about the calm phase, never sure where it is going to lead, as you say the storm may not be over, but remember you have the strength, you are recognising the signs, this will help you see it through
hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

MyRain responded:
Hi BH,
Sorry you're in the midst of a storm. It is exhausting isn't it? The good thing about storms is that they pass and the sun comes out again -- we just have to wait, sometimes it's quickly and other times it takes a while.
I don't mean to sound trite, I think you know that. These are the same kind of things I have to remind myself of. Not only been there, done that, but am there, am doing that, and will be there and will be doing that in the future.
Hugs to you, and keep posting when you feel like it.
Hugs to you.

BeHapppy118 replied to MyRain's response:
Hello MyRain,

No, no, you sound fine!

Thank you all for being here.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.