Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I'm still here...possible trigger
MrsDavis716 posted:
Sorry I've been out of town and busy so I haven't been able to get on much. I thought coming here to Virginia to visit my brother in law would help me but it really hasnt. It makes me alot more self concious. I really feel bad about myself because of all the weight I've gained. They are very active healthy people my brother in law is in the navy and his wife used to be a personal trainer. So I feel so fat and out of place around them. Yesterday we took a bike ride, and I love bike riding, but at my pace. With my wrist I have to go alittle slower because I try to not put to much pressure on my right wrist. Well, they all kept leaving me. My husband every now and then would stay back with me but it made me feel more like crap cuz then I feel like I'm holding him back. Well I was riding by myself back to the house. (My brother in law and sister in law took off cuz he had to go to the bathroom lol, and my husband was riding more) There was a group of like 5 or 6 teenage girls and they were yelling things at me like "fat ass" and "ooh why you sweating so bad your just riding a bike". Just saying mean things to me.And they were all following me yelling that stuff. Then luckily my husband cought up to me and they stopped. I've been so self concious because I've never been this big. I have been trying so hard to lose it but it hasnt come off. After that happened yesterday I don't seem to have a appitite. I feel like if I don't eat I'll lose the weight. I just don't want to eat. Even being hungry. My husband came into the room while I was crying and just says "Why do you let a few little girls get to you." I don't think he understands. It doesn't matter the age of the person, the way they treated me really really hurt. I mean, it's true what those girls said. I am a fat ass and I shouldnt sweat and struggle to ride a bike the way I do. But it's not like I want to be this way. I don't even know how this weight got here. I don't eat really bad, I'm active for the most part. I walk, ride bike, I was working 50 + hours a week when I was in work. I don't know why I got so big. I don't know I just feel like I shouldn't eat. And if I do, I should make myself throw it up. I haven't eatin since yesterday. I just don't want to.

wannatalk65 responded:
Mrs Davis I truly know what you are going through. Except my issues is that people have became 2 things to me. Ether arrogant or want to get involved with something they could not possible understand? You hang in there and you are doing your best. Your husband will understand. He sounds like a great guy. My fiancee is so sweet she in turned saved my life and I put her through hell. Literally........

MrsDavis716 replied to wannatalk65's response:
Thank you , that's so true! Unless you've been extremely obese you will never truely know the life difficulties we go thru. Just basic things, everyday stuff like walking up and down stairs, putting socks on getting on and off a low couch. It's so hard. People just assume that obese people are overweight because of bad eating habits. That's not always the case. So many things can cause weight gain regardless of eating habits. I just hate how some people have no descentcy to just look the other way. Why must you talk down to me and make me feel worse then I already do. Like I don't know that I have a weight issue. I try so hard to control my weight by diet and exercise but it doesn't do anything. I wish I could have help. I can't afford to have a surgery, and diets and exercise clearly aren't enough.

Demons2011 replied to MrsDavis716's response:
MrsD. - it's kind of funny your thoughts on being obese. I and my youngest son had the opposite problem of being overweight - being underweight. Graduated school at 125lbs and 5'9". Always felt uncomfortable when doing things like swimming. Now I weight about 180lbs most of the time, should lose about 20lbs (gut). Youngest son still has the lower weight issues at about 135lbs, about 5'8". I know others would "kill" to be at those weights, but even the thinner people feel what you feel. It's all about self image. It amazes me some times how people (us) view our selves and the damage we do to our selves with those views.

MrsDavis716 replied to Demons2011's response:
Yeah, I understand. I used to be under weight when I was young. Until the age of 9 cps stayed on my mom because they were told my mom didn't feed me. ( which was false)being under weight is just as dangerous. But when you're underweight ppl don't look you like you're a gross pig. Some people treat me like I'm just some kinda punching bag. but ever since i was 10 I've struggled with obesity. About a year and a half ago I was about 90 lbs. lighter, for some reason I shot up. Now I have sooo many problems.

Demons2011 replied to MrsDavis716's response:
There is no doubt a lot of people forget the human being that they are using for a punching bag. Now days it does seem to be politically correct to be mean to overweight people. Which is just pure B.S.

MrsDavis716 replied to Demons2011's response:
Agreed

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

rohvannyn
You are special. I just want to let you know what a wonderful person you are. You give great advice. You're a very giving person...and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.