Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Did something good for myself
totalyfedup posted:
Hi gang, Well over the past few weeks my depression has been getting bad, I have had that dead,cold and empty feeling and it was lasting way to long, I feel nothing. It was really getting the best of me.
So yesterday out of the blue I found myself a kitten and I fell in love with her right away, I know I said that after I had to put my cat down I said never never again will I get another. And I am so happy that I did, she is the sweetest thing. Now my apartment does not feel so emptyand neither do I.

tfu
need support

Demons2011 responded:
Good for you TFU! Companions can be such a big support system and they don't even have to try.

BeHapppy118 responded:
That's great! I am glad you found a sweet little kitten to keep you company.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

alaska_mommy responded:
Wow tfu that is so wonderful! I was worried when I started to read your post that you were going to say something bad happened as a result of you feeling that way so it was a pleasant surprise that the end to hear you got that kitty cat! I'm so glad you have a furry friend to keep you company!

Demons2011 responded:
Have you named your kitten?

totalyfedup replied to Demons2011's response:
Hi guys, She really is a sweet heart, she made herself right at home. I named her Livi(Olivia) She is 8 weeks old and has tons of energy and good natured. She really has made a huge difference in my mood in just 2 days.
How are you guys doing this Weekend?

tfu
need support

Demons2011 replied to totalyfedup's response:
TFU, so glad to hear Livi is being such a positive for you!. I have had better days. My dog, Wylie has been glued to my hip for the last three days. He knows I'm not feeling good about things. He's always there for me.

totalyfedup replied to Demons2011's response:
Hi D, It's so true that animals can sense that there is something wrong and they have a way of making things a little better, like you said before without trying.
How old is Wylie?
hope you are feeling a little better.

tfu
need support

Demons2011 replied to totalyfedup's response:
Wylie is 3, we got him from the Humane Society when he was 2. He's a pure breed mini-schnauzer. Still can't figure why they got rid of him. Well behaved, trained and a sweetheart. I knew from the moment we met that he was the one for me.

alaska_mommy replied to Demons2011's response:
Sounds like a wonderful dog. The dog we had growing up, an American Eskimo, was a little angel. Whenever I would cry she would put her head in my lap and wag her tail gently with that big puppy-eyed look. I think it was a look of compassion. That's what it seemed like anyway. She was a sensitive one as far as emotions. We got her from a family where the dad was physically abusive so I think that made her more attuned to people's moods. Anyway I miss her, the dog we have now is just a big dope lol, at least as far as being intuitive like that. She's sweet, just not the same.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.