Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Wanna Talk
wannatalk65 posted:
I have fought for many years and still wondering how I ended up in the position. Finally reaching out to the suicide hotline with no insurance they were a tremendously a big help. They set me up with a therapist in my area and I am starting to receive the help I need. Depression is an evil thing. I wish it on no one. I ended up with the depression from my ex-wife and she is still tearing me apart inside? For those of you how bad a marriage can be, could understand. I have days I don't want to go outside, I can't even hold unto a job any more, for I do not or can not deal with people. My wife's caused stress left me to become irritable with people, workers and just downright unhappy to be around anyone. Now I am in fear of losing my fiancee for I am begin to shut my self down.
Any words of encouragement out there. This is so much more to say. I just don't want to burn up the computer. Ha ha. Stupid humor but sometimes it helps?
Email me direct if want?

chez1 responded:
hi wannatalk.
welcome to this community, i hope you find it supportive and informative. everyone here has some experience of depression, whether it be suffering themselves or living with someone who has depression. we are all also happy to share experiences.
Having read your post, I am sorry for the problems that you have had to date but want to say well done on posting here, reaching out for support is a big step, dare I say especially for a male!!
My first real bit of advise is for you to find your inner strength to stand up to your ex, realise that you are no longer responsible for her and she has to make her own decisions, and let yourself move forward from that relationship and take the "old you" into your work place and new relationship - does that make sense?
My second and and last bit of advice in this post, is rather than worrying about losing your fiance, put the effort into keeping her and working on the relationship.
Please keep in touch and let us know how you are going
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

wannatalk65 replied to chez1's response:
Chez1
Talk you for welcoming me here. And yes I am quite surprised at being probably one male that has the courage to do so. I do have a problem and not afraid to admit it. I have so many concerns and a lot of writing to do. Today is about the same as yesterday, and still don't know where to turn. I do understand what you are saying, and I am going to try desperately to fix this situation.
Thank you again.
Phil

Demons2011 replied to wannatalk65's response:
Phil, not to worry you're not the only male here. No harem's for you. I have been on for the last 4 months, and there are a number of other males here as well. So far all the people have been understanding, non-judgmental and supportive - no matter the mindset on a given day. Frankly, they have been extremely helpful. Right now I am fairly down, just slept the last 16 hours and still feel very tired. I was diagnosed with MDD and SAD, March of 2011. After a life time of denial and hiding from the truth. Depression is a disease and not a weakness or lack of courage. I am still fighting even though I don't seem to have the strength right now. I won't give into false desire of suicide again. I am solo at this time of my life, even though I have very supportive children (adults) and companion named Wylie - who really is a life saver.

Anubis66 replied to wannatalk65's response:
Welcome to the forums Phil. I'm another one of the guys that posts in here. A lot of famous men throughout history have suffered from major depression. Winston Churchill, Bruce Springsteen, and Congressman Jessie Jackson Jr. just to name a few. You will find everone here very supportive.

Jeff

wannatalk65 replied to Demons2011's response:
Thank you so much, Times are rough today but I shall make through.

wannatalk65 replied to Anubis66's response:
Thank you I am sure going to need all the help I can get.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.