Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Checking in
alaska_mommy posted:
Hey gang, just so you know I'm ok. Had my sis in law spending the night the last 2 nights, she will be here tonight as well with her little one (he's 13 months old). Tonight just me, my husband and son will be going to go star-gazing with my dad, who I don't talk to often but have a tentative sort of relationship with. When my sis and I were kids my dad would take us all up to "Larch Mountain", which isn't really a mountain but has a little bit of elevation to it. It's about 45 min from home. It's enough out of the way that you don't get the light pollution (too many city lights=light pollution), and you can see the stars better. There is a meteor shower every year, I think 3 per year? 2 for sure, summer and winter. This one is the Persiad meteor shower, and close to midnight the viewing gets good. We all had late naps so we should be ok. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it! I'll update you all later...maybe tomorrow. Take care!
---Joy

Demons2011 responded:
Sounds like fun! Hope it goes real well for you.

totalyfedup responded:
Hi a_m, Happy to hear from you, did you have a good visit with your sis in law? Did your little one have fun star-gazing?
I am doing a little better, livi (Kittens name) has lifted me up,they are so cute at this age, she really make me laugh. She has been exploring more and I realized I have to kitten proof my apartment, I have alot of plants and she discovered them this morning I will have to figure out what I can do, some of them are big plants and she got into them and there was earth every where.
I hope I am not boring you with this,I am just happy that I have her.
hope to hear from you soon.

tfu
need support

BeHapppy118 responded:
Hello!

I am glad to hear you are ok, spending time with family and having fun. I always wanted to see a meteor shower, hopefully someday I will. Hope it all goes well!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Demons2011 responded:
Well give us the details. Was the light show a good one. I live near the country areas, farmlands within 5 miles - so we get pretty good views without the light pollution. Any time comets or showers are in view - we used to go and see. Of course the kids are now taking their kids for the view.

Anubis66 responded:
Sounds like fun. I love looking at stars and meteor showers. Take care.

Jeff

alaska_mommy replied to Anubis66's response:
Hey all, I'm back on the board now. I tried to write a reply last night but the first time I hit a wrong key and lost it, then the second time something else happened to it...not sure if it was me or our cat who bumped me while I was typing. Either way I got frustrated and didn't go for the third time's a charm. Hah.
So we had a good time with my sister in law (Dinah), she stayed 3 nights total, first 2 with just her 1 year old son, last night her 5 year old daughter joined us as she was finished staying with her half sister. Dinah's divorced and her ex had a kid with another woman as well, hence the half sister deal. Anyway, it was good, not too stressful, the last day (yesterday) I felt a bit overwhelmed though, just cause Dinah was trying to pack and her kids were very busy. The one year old kept crying everytime his mom left the room to go pack some more. So I tried to keep him occupied. After they all left DH and I (and our son Ethan) crashed for naptime. It was much needed after staying up the night before stargazing. Which was fun, we saw a fair amount of meteors, it seemed like about the same amount that I remember it being when I was a kid. My dad said he was disappointed in the show, he was hoping for a lot more of them. But I was happy with it and had a good time. Ethan at first was scared of them, hah, the first one he saw was a big, bright orange one that broke off into two partway across the sky. I wonder if maybe he thought they were going to come down on us or something? He is afraid of a lot of things right now so I wouldn't be surprised. So I tried to tell him that they weren't coming down, they would stay up in the sky like the airplanes do, and then I had the thought to compare them to rocket ships (since he loves those). He seemed to like that thought and decided to call them rocket ships the rest of the night. Not quite what I intended but he enjoyed them after that, so, mission accomplished. He fell asleep in my arms around 11pm. We left about 12:30, we were all getting tired. Ethan woke up as we were packing up to go, stayed awake till we got home after 1am and wanted to eat before he went to bed. So we stayed up a bit more and didn't actually get to sleep until 2am. Whew! I think I'm still recovering. Haha.

tfu, no, not boring at all, I'm so glad your little kitten is keeping you company and keeping you entertained. That's so great!

Demons2011 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
A-Mom, sounds like a wonderful night. Great for you and all of your family.

BeHapppy118 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Overall, everything went well and you enjoyed yourself! Sounded like a good time, I'm glad to hear it.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.