Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Made a new realization over the weekend
An_247130 posted:
I I came to a realization this weekend, that I believe I might be ddepressed... I have not felt like myself since I had my son 3 yrs ago. But life has been roler coaster, I kept thinking my feelings were because of certain situations... I need to seek help now, because I believe I will soon loose my family if I don't do so now... how can I be feeling like this...if I have everything in life I have ever wanted???

alaska_mommy responded:
Depression doesn't always follow what our life circumstances are. Sometimes it is there despite a good life or good family or good health, etc.
I wonder, did you have post partum depression after your son was born? I wonder if that was what started the cycle. I'd get to your doctor, talk to him or her about it, and see a therapist. I hope soon you can get to a better place.

niteflier responded:
Hello an 247130, i am sorry you are going through this. can i ask why you feel you may loose your family and perhaps the
'situation' . please keep in mind you do not have to answer - i will not be offended if you do not. We are only here for you - not to judge, but to help you get through rough times.

sending (((hugs)))
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

JessicaPon replied to alaska_mommy's response:
I truly believe I did have post pardum.... I wasn't able to enjoy him as much as I wanted to, back then... I did know something was wrong but again I just pushed it away. I am currently trying to get into my doctor to see what we can work on. Thank you!

JessicaPon replied to niteflier's response:
My fiance feels like it's his doing making me feel depressed. Like Im not happy at home with him... he said I am so distant and show no love or affection. I tried to explain its NOT him but hes hurting as much as I am.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.