Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Having a moody day
alaska_mommy posted:
I am surprised at how different my mood is today from yesterday. Yesterday I was upbeat, hopeful, excited for the future, and industrious. Today I just crashed I guess! I was exhausted from the time I got up. I had a 3 hour nap and I am still tired! Ugh! All day I just wanted to crawl back in bed where I belonged. I was snippy at my husband and I think he's still kinda mad at me. He's not home at the moment, worked late tonight. We do need the money but I wonder if he wants to stay away today? I don't blame him if he does.
Anyway I guess when you have a lot of good days in a row it's still surprising when you have a bad one! I have been on auto-pilot today and I feel a little bad for my son. But he is such a forgiving kid. I yelled at him a little and he still was trying to be cute and make me smile. Now I know that's partly from a 2 year old manipulative point of view, lol, you know, I'm too cute to punish me! But I'm glad my irritability didn't phase him.

BeHapppy118 responded:
Hello Alaska Mommy,

I hope that you feel better tommorow, (today?!) lol I'm glad that you had some good days but I guess there is always that time where you just crumble back down again. That three hour nap sounds good! I hate that, when you go to sleep tired and then you think that resting is going to help, but then you just wake up even more tired..

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Demons2011 responded:
A-Mom - actually sounds kind of normal. I don't think anyone has happy days every day. Some times we get up grumpy. Some times in the middle. Sounds like a great run of days, glad you had them.

alaska_mommy replied to Demons2011's response:
D, yes you're right, I think maybe I expect too much out of myself. Well that and my husband seemed to take it so personally, and he said it sort of threw him for a loop why I'd be so great one day and so not the next. Oh well. He doesn't understand me sometimes and that's ok. That's why I have you guys! Hehe.
BeHappy, thank you, today is some better. I stayed up too late last night (1:30am) even though I knew I should have gone to bed, I just didn't want to. And I'm really not as tired today as I was yesterday so sometimes I think it doesn't really matter how much sleep I do or don't get.

chez1 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi a-mom
just want to put my tuppence worth in - don't worry about the off days, you are doing so well and everyone is so proud of you. Keep going with whatever it is that you are doing, and on the not so good days, let us help you through them
sending you hugs to wrap round you and the wee fella
Chezx
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

alaska_mommy replied to chez1's response:
Chez, thanks so much. I hope you are doing ok yourself, sounds like you're hanging in there! Which is good!
I appreciate the hugs very much, and send some back to you.
Joy

niteflier replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hey AK Mommy, i believe all that has been said previously covers (got to admin the cutes 2 yr old can put on quite the grin...I do not have children, but when i am down and walking about town if i see a child smile, stare inquisitively at a flower....etc......it makes my day that much better.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow. kudos to your child for making you smile
(((((Hugs))))))
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.