Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

depresion
2victor posted:
I AM 51 I HAVE LIVED MY HOLE LIFE WITH THE FEELING OF LOOKING AT THE WORLD THRU A SHEAT OF GLASS THAT I DONT QUITE BELONG.
ON PAPER I SHOULD HAVE THE HAPPIEST LIFE .DO THE WRITE THINGS.GAVE UP DRIKING SMOKING DRUGS 20 YEARS AGO. HAVE EVERY THING A MAN COULD WANT! YET I STILL FEEL EMPTY .
I AM TIERD!
TRYED ANTYDEPRESENTS ,I CONPLEATLY UNDERSTAND MY CHILDHOOD,ABUSE,........I UNDERSTAND DRINKING&DRUGS(DID THAT TO COVER HOW I FELT) STILL FEEL THE SAME.WTF
HAS ANYONE EVER HERD OF A LIFE TIME OF FEELING THIS WAY?

chez1 responded:
hi 2victor,
I am so sorry you are feeling so bad, I haven't had a lifetime of feeling bad but I am beginning to realise I have many years of being unsure of why I feel so bad about myself (sure I still don't know the answer to that).
I absolutely hear you about on paper life should be...... but I think sadly that is the reality of depression. It isn't always about where we are now but what has gone on in the past. My therapist is an absolute believer in there has to be a trigger - I have to say I would protest that I have any triggers and then I look back at some of my posts and there they are screaming out at me, you mention a couple, childhood abuse, drinking and drugs - it is possible that there has been something happened which has "awakened memories/feelings" associated with that time, then again it may have nothing to do with it!!
I am rambling tonight, sorry for that. I really just want to say welcome to the forum, hope you find it supportive. Also I want to advice you to go to your dr and discuss these feelings, be reassured that there are many people out there that are depressed and dr's are becoming more sensitive to individuals, I would hope you find support in him/her.
Take care and keep posting to let us know how you are doing
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

wannatalk65 replied to chez1's response:
Triggers are definitely out there. In me it's the little things I have dealt with in life. I did all the house work, (my ex set on the couch) My daughter still today is 20 and doesn't help, another 23 and the same. It is all left up to us to do their work. So upsetting. Attitudes are the utmost cause, seeing them, hearing them, it kills me. I find to relax more when I drink and that is not the answer. Since I am a reformed alcoholic. Always be honest with your doctor. Hide nothing. Welcome to the site. You are not alone.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.