Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Just another day
wannatalk65 posted:
It so weird how everyday can effect you? My step son has diabetes type 1 and going through a hell of a time. Lots of leg pains, no insurance and no matter what hospital or doctor he has seen, it seems as if nobody cares and does not do any tests that should be required. How come the greed in this has made everybody evil? My dad is in bad shape and not going to be around very soon. I guess now you can see why I am here, besides my ex-wife putting me in this situation? Holding a job is impossible, now I am going to look for a support group in my area to help me even more.
Thanks again for all your support.

chez1 responded:
hi wannatalk,
sorry about your step son, the system that you all face for health care is indeed crap and appears to be surrounded by greed, I hope you find some help soon for him.
Good to see you are looking for a local support group, let us know how that goes for you.
Keep posting to let us know how you are
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

niteflier responded:
Hey Wannatalk65, that is rough. I have so many family members with medical problems and due to cost it does not get taken care of - only gets worse. (I am fortunate to have served in the military and have medical coverage). You are correct that greed is in the field - if you are in the u.s. have you checked into social security? if you get 'put aside' enough you need to write your govenor, senator, congressman. that is the only way i have seen things improve for a family member that has epalepsy...
Please keep us informed on how things are going. Hang in there.
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

wannatalk65 replied to chez1's response:
Doctors visits three weeks away, Mine next week to start treatment. God I am so happy to have him by my side. I want to thank all you. This site and others I have researched with is doing some good. I still feel like screaming out load, and beating my fists on things that don't break. But I know better. I still can't believe week after week I have dealt with this reality of feeling down and depressed. I am so sick and tired of it, I wish it over. Soon I will be able to get over this. Rough roads, do get better in time.

wannatalk65 replied to niteflier's response:
Thanks for the info, My doctors appoint is next week, and my step son is 3 weeks. away. The system is screwed up. Considering his condition. But I have to realize that the system is so backed up due to the ridiculous state of this economy. Soooo many people are in trouble, with depression and anxiety, And never mind health issues that need more attention. I will keep you posted. I promise. And Thanks for the help again.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.