Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

This may be a trigger, but i have to ask.... - NF here
niteflier posted:
after re-reading replys to my post - Thank you Chez

Has anyone ever had have a calm before the storm?

I don't think that is what this is. I am having ok days and going on daily walks, but figured I would ask because I feel a strange peace within- i.e. calm. No worries, no fear.....just calm. Hard to describe.

just thought i would ask.
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

FirstPrevious12NextLast

alaska_mommy responded:
Wow NF, I am so glad to hear you feel that way. I hope that sticks with you. How long have you felt that peace? And can you bottle it up and sprinkle some on the room?
I'm very glad to hear this...take care!!

chez1 responded:
hi nf, i am sorry i have put this doubt on you and i am sorry for what i am about to write. please remember this is my interpretation and i may be portraying my thoughts and feelings and missing yours, and i am not a medical person.
so here goes my thoughts, also possible trigger for you......
when i read your last post that i commented on i sensed concession rather than belief in your new thought process, i thought warped thinking, and i absollutely sensed calm before the storm. i saw similarities on the writing style and wording to how i write during my "calm" moments, and for me that is when i feel strong but in reality i am at a weak point.
nf, as i said in my last post and will say again, this is my interpretation and please do not be influenced by this, i am responding because the question is out there but more so to say we are here for you whichever stage you are at and obviously my hope is you are happy with your decision.
many hugs flying towards you
chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

BeHapppy118 responded:
Hello Niteflier,

I have had that feeling before, maybe not to the extent you have (I still worried just a little bit.) Or is that even what you are feeling?
For me, it was a good feeling, I hope it's the same for you.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

niteflier replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hey AK Mommy, only a few days. it has just been a few strange days. I hope it stays as well - i'm sprinkling the room with 'happy dust' .

thanks, take care
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

niteflier replied to chez1's response:
Hey Chez, you never need to apologize and i do thank you for your insight - i am not convinced myself, but it is just strange feeling this way - i am guessing that is why i put the question out there. I am glad you all are here. I hope the feeling lasts otherwise it is going to be a long rocky ride down. I plan to call my dad's wife today - not sure how that will go, but will chime in later.
I hope you have a good day and thank you for the many hugs.
Niteflier

niteflier replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Hey BeHappy, thank you, it is a good feeling and i hope it stays. I will I could say 'yes' that is what i am feeling, but it is something that is hard to describe. have a visitor for a few days.... may be in and out of the room...

Take care
Niteflier

alaska_mommy replied to niteflier's response:
Let us know how your phone call goes, NF, I hope it goes well for you.
Hugs!
---Joy

chez1 replied to niteflier's response:
hi nf
how did the call go? Let us know how you are doing today.
you are welcome with the hugs and hold onto my hand for as long as you need, I am happy to hold it out for you
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

MyRain responded:
How are you doing today NF?

Hey AK Mommy, still doing ok. I did not make the phone call yet. not sure what i am waiting for. I will let you know when i do.
Thanks for the hugs.
((((Hugs))) back at ya
Niteflier

niteflier replied to chez1's response:
Hey Chez, thank you as well. Still doing ok. lazy day today, do not feel like doing anything right now ....need to shower - kitties are looking at me funny......
(((Hugs))))
Niteflier

niteflier replied to MyRain's response:
Hey MyRain, i'm doing ok, how are you doing? Just hanging around the house for now.
Niteflier

alaska_mommy replied to niteflier's response:
NF--no rush on things like that. Take it on your own timetable, you don't have to push yourself. Wait till you feel ready and up for the challenge. And shower when you feel like it...tell the kitties they can hold their noses!

thank you ak mommy, the kitties are very forgiving and loving....i just don't know or am afraid of being honest with myself. as with most here, life is a rollercoaster ride. i killed my father (this is true and i'm not looking for excuses) sooner than he wanted to go - yes he was suffering. what i cant wrap my head around is he fought so hard not to die, yet i welcome death - i am not considering suicide - that would hurt my family too much - but i don't know if i would fight to live if told i had a terminal disease (that makes me sick to say because there are so many out there fighting to stay alive). warped i am.....i am wrong in that my life is not as dismal as i am sure this reply suggests. i have a roof over my head, food, friends, etc.
Niteflier

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.