Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Not posting a whole lot
alaska_mommy posted:
Hi all, kind of laying low right now. Feeling a bit down so haven't really felt like I could be much help to anyone, so I haven't really been interacting much on here. I'm sort of in a holding patter until I can take a pregnancy test in about a week and a few days. Until then I am trying my hardest not to go nuts like last time getting all excited. Also even if I do get pregnant, I could lose that one too.
I'm also feeling angry again at God and trying to sort that out. I am sure it will pass. I have a feeling hormones are partly to blame for my mood, because it seems like it is following a pattern during my cycle...we'll see as time goes on.
Anyway, I still think about you all and wonder how you're doing...hugs to all!
Joy

chez1 responded:
Hi Joy,
sorry you are feeling in limbo at the moment, I know it must be difficult for you waiting to see if you are pregnant or not, and nothing can be done to find out earlier - but if it is the right!!!
You have been an amazing support for us here, let us support you through this time, we are here for you.
How are you feeling today, let us know
sending you hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

totalyfedup responded:
Hi a_m, I am sorry you are not doing very well, strange thing is neither am I, I have had a I give up week. I hope you feel better soon. And I agree with chez,you have been so helpful if there is anything we can do, let us know.

hugs,
tfu
need support

alaska_mommy replied to chez1's response:
Hi you two, thanks, I'm doing ok today, just been tired and yesterday got fed up with feeling dizzy all the time and having my heart race from time to time. I went in to my doc's office and they did some blood tests and an EKG. I guess the EKG was ok, but I'm waiting to hear about the blood. They'll check my thyroid, make sure I don't have anemia, and check a D-dimer, which I'm not exactly sure what that is but it checks if I am at risk for having another blood clot in my lung. I think if I turn up with another one (especially so soon) I would probably be on blood thinners for life. Which I really really don't want to do. I could still get pregnant, but the type of blood thinner I'd have to use during pregnancy is a once or twice a day shot in the stomach. For nine months! Ugh! Not something I want. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with me. But at the same time, I want to know why I feel crummy.

MyRain responded:
Hi AM,
Hope you feel better soon.

alaska_mommy replied to MyRain's response:
Thanks MyRain,
I got a call from my doctor today and he said all my labs came back normal. Phew! That means no risk of a blood clot. He says the next step is to put me on a holter monitor (continuous monitoring of the heart). So on to the next thing!

chez1 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi Joy
Good news about results. The monitor will be more of a nuisance than anything else, but worth doing to keep on top of everything.
How are you doing today?
((hugs))
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

alaska_mommy replied to chez1's response:
Hi Chez,
Yeah I've done the Holter before about 3 years ago, it will be a nuisance but I'm hopeful they can catch something on it that will give me some answers or at least satisfy them that I know what I'm talking about and the SVTs are kicking up again. They can prescribe meds that will make them either stop altogether or be a lot better. I was on them while pregnant with my son.

I'm doing ok, tired as always after my afternoon walk with my son. The library is right inside the mall, so we checked out some books for him and some books for me. Looking forward to reading them later. How are you?

totalyfedup replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi a_m, happy to hear you got good news. How are you feeling today?

tfu
need support

alaska_mommy replied to totalyfedup's response:
Hi tfu,
OK I think, tired, but not too tired, and in a decent mood. I think! I felt like it was a successful day...made it out for my walk with my son to the mall, and then tonight made a nice dinner for my hubby (chicken parmigiana). So I feel like I had a worthwhile day. How are you these days?

itmatsb replied to alaska_mommy's response:
HI Alaska mommy,
Just caught your latest posting here. Glad that you had a little bit better day today with your walk with your son. That sounds really nice. Time will cure your mood I think as you find out more. Hormones can put us into real ups and downs. Take care.
Sara

totalyfedup replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi a_m, Thats great that you we able to get out for a walk with your son and make dinner for you hubby, You seem a bit more upbeat and that makes me happy for you.
As for me, when you have the chance read my post I think it was from yesterday, let me know what you think

hugs,

tfu
need support

alaska_mommy replied to totalyfedup's response:
Hi tfu, I looked but was your post a reply to someone else's or a thread you started? I couldn't find it except for a few replies you did to other people. How you doing? I have some good news but I'll make a new post about it so it's something everyone else can see too.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.