Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

jaws 86=treatment
jaws86 posted:
Welcome to sunny southern California where I finished my first week 0f treatment. Since we can only use the computer on weekends, I wanted to say hello and thanks. Im still on suicide watch so I cant leave the center grounds so Ill do the best I can. We have deciided to use ECT for my depression. Ill start substance abuse this week. The time limit is 8pm PST so I would love to hear from you soon.

chez1 responded:
Hey Jaws,
fab to hear from you and good to hear you are getting some good care. It sounds like you are feeling better, even if still being well supervised to keep you safe.
Just want to say I/We are very proud of you for getting help. Good luck, keep up the good work and keep in touch as often as you can
Hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

MyRain responded:
Good job Jaws! Keep us updated. Take care.

jaws86 replied to MyRain's response:
Yall have a good week- this one will be the toughest in my life. My first round of ECT starts Wednesday (please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for saving my life, I love you all. This is not a fake-email-had problems someone using fake identity.alaska mommy, I owe you an apology.

Anubis66 replied to jaws86's response:
I wish you much success in your therapy. I hope the treatment works well for you. I am still in the middle of my own battle with depression so I am rooting for you.

Jeff

alaska_mommy replied to jaws86's response:
Hi Jimmy, what do you owe me an apology for? I can't think of anything. I'm really glad to hear you are getting help. That's wonderful! I wish you all the best and good job for facing this head on. Keep us posted when you can!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
102 of 140 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.