Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depressed, need urgent help
Verydepressed30 posted:
Im a 24 year old girl. I've been feeling very dejected and disoriented for about a year. I suffered from mild depression while in high school,but just pushed it aside then. Things are much worse now. I have lost interesting EVERYTHING I loved doing. I used to love life. I don't know what's happening to me now. I'm crying almost everyday. I constantly worry about things I have no control over, old parents, finding a job, doing something with my life. I'm also in a long distance relationship and it's been very hard, even more so because of my negative thoughts. Lately, I have been thinking of suicide. I'm so fed up being like this. I'm just scared I' might do something. I don't wanna debut living like this is very painful. Please help me. There are no counsellor where I live. Please help.

wannatalk65 responded:
Hey, Good afternoon. Name is Phil. All is not lost and we all can help. I have been in the same boat an now with this site and the help of therapists I am working it through. I am not going to tell you it is an easy road, but it is. We are here for you. I got some real good advice and research from this site which seems to help. Hang in there and keep talking. Believe I could tell you some stories, of things I have lost. Try to keep smiling and post those things that drive you crazy in the past and tell yourself, you are going to have a bright and powerful future. Leave whatever you have in the past.

niteflier responded:
Hello verydepressed30, i am sorry you are having such a rough time, but am glad you found this forum. Everyone here is very supportive and nonjudgemental and will help you in any way we can. I have a few questions, you do not have to answer if you do not want to.....will not be offended.
do you know what kind of a job you are looking for?
why a long distance relationship and how far apart are you both?
There are help lines you can contact and the people are very carring and supportive as well. They are 'real time' where unfortunately this site is not and there are people from all over the world i.e. different time zones. the numbers are on this site and I will try to find the link and post next.
Hang in there.
Sending (((Hugs))) your way.
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

niteflier replied to niteflier's response:
Here are the numbers listed. If you still have problems getting in contact with a crisis hotline, please let us know.
Also, please keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Suicide Hotline Numbers"If you are thinking about suicide... Read this first" : from Metanoia.org

Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome -

I am so sorry to hear about how you are feeling, but glad you reached out for help and found us.

Please reach out and pick up the phone to talk with someone. Niteflier gave the Crisis Links , please call, print them out and keep them handy. Do you have a medical doctor you can talk with?

Also, please know you are not alone, check back in to let us know how you are doing.

Elizabeth

Verydepressed30 replied to niteflier's response:
I wanted to work with animals, do things for charity, volunteer etc. long distance because w met online. We are in Australia and India.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.