Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Monday Check-In - August 20, 2012
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Welcome New Members! Hello to All!

I usually try to peek in throughout the weekend but this weekend I was away from my computer and reading on my phone is a little difficult (I really shouldn't blame my phone, I need to blame my eyes - I don't like to wear my glasses).

I hope all who are struggling find some moments of peace, joy and relief this week. I am always impressed with the support you provide one another even while you may be the one needing support. I admire each and every one of you and wish I could respond to each post.

Please know I am cheering you on, high fiveing when appropriate and also sending hugs and caring thoughts to those who need them.

Just for fun - Give us a quick check in and use an emoticon or smiley to let us know how you are doing and how the weather is where you are -

I am tired and it is going to pour AGAIN today!

Elizabeth

Jeune1 responded:
Hey, hope everyone is doing well. Back from a long camping trip up north. Trying not to feel overwhelmed by all of the work that piled up in my absence and get caught up. I didn't take my medication the entire time because we were using portapotties and the Trazodone continues to upset my stomach ... That's enough detail, I think. But I'm not sure if this was a good idea. I did sleep like a log. But now, I'm back at work and ... Ugh.

Honestly, if I could I would just walk away. (Wouldn't we all? )

I know I should be grateful for the job but three minutes after I walked in all of the peace and relaxation of the previous week - Gone!

BeHapppy118 responded:
Hello Elizabeth and Everyone,

I am doing ok, just trying to hang in there. Nothing seems to interest me lately.. Here, the weather is nice! Not too hot for right now.

I hope you are all ok wherever you are! Hugs for all! Thinking of you.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

niteflier replied to BeHapppy118's response:
  • Hey Elizabeth and all, just checkin in. Chez - you were correct, i have had several calls (its my b-day) and i have do not have the nerve to return their call. I do love my family. I just can't find anything inside myself to return their calls. honestly i wish i had never been born. i have not given anything to society and only seem to cause pain to those i am around. my intents are from what i believe is the heart, but i have come to the conclusion my heart is not good. please do not worry about me i am not going, nor thinking of doing anything to hurt myself, just getting a kick of reality. I will keep you all up to date. again please do not worry i am ok......im just a punk at returning calls to family. Chez, i am going to post this without re-reading........otherwise i would delete this i am sure. I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. (((((hugs)))))) and love to all IJS
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

niteflier replied to niteflier's response:
apologize, this could be a possible TRIGGER...
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

deasertrose responded:
Stresssssed! Just worked 6 days in a row. % of those days in a row I closed the store. This week I work 5 days and I close all 5 days. I AM PART TIME!! This is not part time. I'm wearing thin. I'm so tired I'm reacting slower and not remembering things. Like right after I'm told something and I think I'm disassocating again. That scares me. I just need a months rest but I probably wouldn't get out of bed! Don't know how to make faces. I'm computer dumb.

niteflier replied to deasertrose's response:
Hey deasertrose, i hate that businesses are allowed to say you are part time but put you into full time hours without the benefits. that is total.....BS. I hope things improve at work. I do know what it is like to work for those who do not appreciate the hours you put in, nor the job that you do for them. it is not you - it is them.....
hang in there, it sounds like you need this job.
((((hugs))))
Niteflier

luvreadin replied to deasertrose's response:
Unfortunately there seem to be many different definitions of "part time" My company says that anything less than 38 hours/week is part time.

Hopefully you can ask for fewer hours. I know when I was going to school full time, the fast food place I was working scheduled me as much as they could so I was pretty close to full time myself. Made it hard.

Hang in there!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to niteflier's response:
Hi Niteflier - You can spend you birthday returning calls or not returning calls - It's your day and you can do what you wish!

BTW - I recently deleted my bday off of FB. I dislike the posts, calls and notes. Makes me uncomfortable.

I have to disagree with you on something - I have read your posts, seen your support and advice, you give to society, you give to this community and knowing this, I know you give in other areas of your life. You are a smart girl!!

Wishing you a better day today than yesterday.

Elizabeth

ps - whispering and thinking very quietly - happy birthday, we are glad you were born.

luvreadin responded:
I am tired and could cry. Went to the beach for my birthday last weekend. Thought it would be a lot of fun and give me something that I needed to help ease the depression. It didn't.

My cousin's boyfriend couldn't go more than a hour without calling or texting her. Don't know if she every told him that he should consider her unavailable for the weekend or what. I just know she would respond enough that he kept it up sometimes getting angry with her. Which put a pall over the weekend.

thinking I should just go by myself, though my therapist has told me that I need to get out more with people as I am distancing myself from everything.

alaska_mommy replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I agree with Elizabeth wholeheartedly, NF...we are glad you were born.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.