Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Losing Interest And Afraid
BeHapppy118 posted:
Hello, I really want to put a post saying I feel good but I just don't.. I am doing ok but nothing seems to interest me lately. It's like I'm just walking around, existing here for no reason. Wherevever I am or whatever I am doing, I feel like a part of me is not even there. The part of me that's supposed to feel good. I don't like this feeling and I don't feel like doing anything to make it better or don't know what to do.
And when I do feel better, it feels like it doesn't take that long to crumble back down.

Also I am afraid of things when they go wrong and how I am going to feel. (If that makes any sense..) It just feels like things are never going to get better no matter what I do.

At least posting here, I feel like I am getting something accomplished. Thanks for listening. Hopefully this will pass soon.
I hope you are having some good moments.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

deasertrose responded:
I'm sorry you are feeling bad. I know what you mean about not being interested in anything walking around like a zombie. I've been feeling this way for years. I do nothing and I don't want to do anything and to top it all off I have severe memory problems. I'm not saying this is going to happen to you just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you. I'm sorry I'm not good at this. I feel stupid when I try to help someone. Hpe you feel better soon. I'm thinking about you.

itmatsb responded:
You describe classic symptoms of clinical depression. You need to take an anti-depressant. And don't think it's just a mood thing. Depression causes many physical symptoms as well. So go to the doctor now and tell them what is going on.

I really wish you the best, but you will have to help yourself on this one.

Sara

alaska_mommy responded:
BeHappy, I totally get what you're saying about worrying about how you will feel when/if things go wrong. I have felt that way for oh, IDK, maybe 8 years off and on? At least since I first got diagnosed with depression. I worry about how I'll handle something...will I fall apart? Will I be ok? Will I embarrass myself? Will I be a mess? I think it's part of seeing our own fragility thanks to depression.

I hope you feel better soon!

BeHapppy118 replied to deasertrose's response:
Thank you for being here. Don't be sorry! I'm glad you posted. Sometimes I don't know what to say either. I want to help, but I just can't find the words..

I hope you are doing ok.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.