Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Don't know what got into me today!!
totalyfedup posted:
Hi gang, Well I will try and make this to the point without making a short story in my post. I got into a huge argument with the new owners of my apartment building, over something that was their fault and now matter what I tried to get her to understand she would not listen. I got so angry at one point I actually threw my phone at the wall then kicked it into the kitchen and picked it up and smashed it at the wall again. Now this is the very first time in my life that I ever got so mad at someone to do something like that. I am a very level headed person and I don't have a temper. I just seemed to snap today, so what does this mean.
And now I have to go and buy a new phone because this one is beyond repair.
I really needed to share this with someone.

tfu
need support

niteflier responded:
Hey TFU, i am sorry that you broke your phone, know the feeling. wish i could help you out, but i have been self destructive since i was a child. circumstances i am sure let to this behavior, but i was still unable to control it. it also sounds like your landlords are not being 'nice' (trying to keep it clean). look into the state laws where you are at and see if the law will back you up on your issue. i.e. renter's rights in tampa florida....(for an example). you might be surprised at what you may find. take some deep breaths and let us know how things turn out.
Niteflier

Perhaps the Animal Spirit is so great that one day it may inspire compassion in the human heart. Nan Sea Love

totalyfedup replied to niteflier's response:
Hi nf, Well I did get things sorted out but they are still trying to cover themselvs, there is know way they will admit they were in the wrong not me, and I also forgot to mention when we were having the aurgument she kept on saying LISTEN MAM, and that drives me up the wall, and I also wish I can say how I really feel about the whole thing.
But the other thing that is bothering me is I can't let it go I am still so angry with them. Don't know what I can to to get over this or it will get the better of me.
And I still don't have another phone yet, silly me why couldn't I have thrown a pillow or something.
How are you doing nf?

tfu
need support

chez1 responded:
Hi tfu
I hope it has helped you share this, poor you getting so frustrated to snapping point, and to add injury to insult, you have to get a new phone!!!
Just want to share, it takes alot to get me going but when I do - I take it out on doors, a few weeks ago I took the door off the hinges after banging it!!
Try and let go, you recognise that they are in the wrong, so do what you can to leave it behind you. Can you try some relaxation, time out or away. Sometimes when I am really mad at others I visualise them in a compromising situation, walk away and laugh.
Hope you are feeling better
Hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

totalyfedup replied to chez1's response:
Hi Chez, Thanks for the advice, but you know what it kinda felt good to throw something, maybe it shouldn't have been my phone because now I have to go and buy another one,.
I feel a little better today about the whole thing, you are right I am going to leave it behind me.
So can you share what you visualise people in a compromising situation? (he he he)
Thanks again Chez

tfu
need support

alaska_mommy replied to totalyfedup's response:
tfu, I'm sorry that happened, I do have occasions where I feel so full of rage I don't know what's gotten into me. Maybe I need to invest in a few throwaway phones for anger management at those time! Hehe.
I do recall the most recent time I was soooo mad at our dog for eating my son's breakfast right off his plate. It took me a surprisingly long amount of time to cool off, normally stuff doesn't get to me like that, especially something trivial like stealing breakfast.
I hope your landlord gets everything fixed up the way it's supposed to be. Take care!

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.