Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Some good news
alaska_mommy posted:
Hi all, I am sort of distracted these days, so again haven't been much into the room. I will try though! Yesterday I got some good news, I got a faint positive on a pregnancy test. Even just seeing those words in type makes me anxious, it's scary after what happened the last time and I'm hoping this one makes it. My DH is excited for us, I'm thinking he has less fear about things that could go wrong but probably still a little bit. I sort of am holding my breath since it's very early yet, probably only a couple weeks along. I probably will keep holding my breath until at least the first trimester is over, possibly longer (if I don't pass out first, lol).
Just wanted to let you all know, this is why I'm so distracted!

Jeune1 responded:
Oh that's great news, thanks for sharing it with us. Please keep us posted. And don't forget to breathe!

alaska_mommy replied to Jeune1's response:
Thanks Jeune, will do!

chez1 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi Joy
Fantastic news, well done. Remember to release your breath every now and then to enjoy. I can't think of a better distraction!!
Take very good care
Double hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

BeHapppy118 responded:
That's great!! I am happy for you.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

alaska_mommy replied to chez1's response:
Yes it is a very good distraction, Chez! Thanks!

totalyfedup responded:
Hi a_m I am so so happy for you!!!! I will keep my fingers,toes,eyes ears and whaterver else crossed for you
It is so nice to hear some good news, keep us posted.

tfu
need support

alaska_mommy replied to totalyfedup's response:
Thank you, tfu! I will take all the luck I can get! Just don't get yourself all tangled up in the process!

alaska_mommy responded:
So I visited my doc this morning to talk again about the rapid heart rate, and incidentally got a confirmation that I am, in fact, pregnant. It's nice to know it's for real!
The doc wants to try lowering my dose of Wellbutrin from 150 2x a day to 75 and see if that helps. Wellbutrin does have the possible side effect of---you guessed it---rapid heart rate. Grr. I hope I do ok on the lower dose. I also have some Atenolol to help manage any symptoms that come up. And will still have the Holter monitor as soon as they can make that materialize.

totalyfedup replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hi a_m OMG congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is the best news I have heard in awhile.I am so happy for you.
Just wondering about the Wellbutrin, is he dropping it down to 75 2x a day, I know it will be hard but you will get through it and I guess if you are having a really hard time he might up it a bit.I don't know what Atenolol is.
Once again congrats,
take good care of yourself,
hugs,
tfu
need support

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Congratulations alaska_mommy_to_be!

So excited to hear your news!

Elizabeth

alaska_mommy replied to totalyfedup's response:
Thanks you two!
tfu, yeah it will be either 150 mg 1x per day or 75 mg 2x per day.
I think it will be ok, I mean I hope it will! Yeah I think if for some reason it doesn't work then we'll go from there.
The atenolol is a blood-pressure medication (I think it's called a beta-blocker?) and for whatever reason, although I don't have high blood pressure, it helps the rapid heart rate issues go away. I took one today and I do feel much better. My pulse was down to 60 bpm when I woke up from my nap, I had taken the Atenolol prior to laying down. It stayed low after that too, which helped a lot, I didn't feel so tired or out of breath.
And I will definitely be taking good care of myself, thanks!
How are you?

BeHapppy118 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hello,

That's SO great! Congratulations. I am glad to hear the good news.

Hoping that things work out for you and that you feel better.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Dont Like What I Have Become
Don't like what I have become......again...every few years I go down this hole and am scared to death More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.