Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Help! Why am I so different now? :(?
An_246467 posted:
Ever since I hit age 15 I noticed I had a huge personality change. I started to feel like there is nothing to talk about with people, I'm a lot more self conscious, I started to feel depressed sometimes (I'm not constantly depressed, I just have days where I take things more serious than other days) I'm ALWAYS bored, I've lost interest in things that I usually like, I'm more emotional and take people serious even when they're joking, I feel really tired and drained throughout the day, I also started to have terrible memory out of nowhere (Before I had the best memory out of anyone I knew, not to brag.) I use to be so happy and kinda bubbly. Now I always look dead.[br>[br>I also noticed physical changes such as, My voice matured and stopped cracking as much as it used to, I got acne, my hair when from really good looking shiny, straight, smooth hair, to dry curly hair that is so dry conditioner doesn't really help. I don't understand what's going on. I used to have a lot of friends before this and now I'm so socially awkward that I barely have any and nobody wants to talk to me because I'm boring as hell now. Because of this I never get girls or even close. I'm a 17 year old boy. Will my old personality ever return?

itmatsb responded:
Your mood and functioning may come back with time as you are going through major hormonal changes. But you've been battling this for two years now. And your statement, "I'm ALWAYS bored, I've lost interest in things that I usually like,.." and "feel really tired and drained throughout the day" and have "terrible memory" makes me wonder if you may be suffering from depression.

I would especially recommend that you talk to your regular doctor about exactly what you have written here, especially the things that jumped out at me.

Also you could get an appointment with the school counselor or if you prefer an outside therapist.

No one should have to suffer as long as you've been suffering. Get the help that you need. Depression is very very common, but people hide it from others, so you don't know about it. I started with depression at exactly 15 years old. So don't be embarrassed at all. Again, the important thing is to take care of yourself. Good luck to you and feel free to let me know how you are doing. I care.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.