Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Feeling better lately.
MrsDavis716 posted:
I have been feeling much better lately. I haven't had any "moments". My husband has been a lot more supportive. I think that he has ALWAYS been as supportive as he knows how to be. He tries to make me happy he really does. There are just times when I need more support then others. Sometimes I just need him to say something nice to me. But I'm sure that's just a women thing. lol. Well anyway. I finally am able to start school online. My first class starts tomorrow. I hope all is well with everyone.

Mrs. D.

chez1 responded:
Hey Mrs D
fab news, keep up the good work and good luck tomorrow.
keep us posted
hugs
Chez x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

MrsDavis716 replied to chez1's response:
Thanks Chez! How have you been?

BeHapppy118 responded:
That's great!! I am always glad to hear some good news. I hope everything goes well tommorow. What am I saying? Everything WILL be ok tommorow!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

MrsDavis716 replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Thank you happy . My first day of class was good. I already have all my work for the next 2 weeks done. lol I think it was just the excitement of being back in school finally.

BeHapppy118 replied to MrsDavis716's response:
Wow! That's good!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

itmatsb responded:
I know what you mean. Men are not nearly as vocal as women are. You could ask him to compliment you on something like you starting school. I know that doesn't sound as good. Dr. Laura (who I know a lot of people hate), I'm not a great fan of hers either, but she did write a book about the way or the lack of way that husbands communicate. She said to instead look to things that your husband does for you to show his love.

My husband is wonderful, but doesn't ever volunteer an "I love you", unless I say it first. But in a thousand ways he loves me. And when I am upset about myself not being able to do much (from my stroke), he points out what I have been able to do. So perhaps you can ask him to give you compliments more often, but it may not come easy. Sorry.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.