Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I think I am a little more at ease..
tryingtohideit posted:
Went to the doctor today. Have lost near 30 pounds in 3 months!!! I am sooo excited it really lifted my spirits!!!! I also talked to her about my depression and she understood and put me on 50mg of zoloft. Has anyone had experience with this drug and if so will you please tell me about your experiences. I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have helped me! I am just soo glad I am feeling better and hopefully this will start workin for me so I can actually be happy again and not be a robot!

alaska_mommy responded:
Hey there, glad for you about the weight loss! That is so great! You can for sure pat yourself on the back for that one, that's a lot of weight to lose in that space of time.
I have been on Zoloft in the past, actually it's one I liked real well. I started out on 50 mg of it and then for me that was a little too much (I was too zippy on that dose, too "up") so we dropped it to 25 and that was perfect for a long time, kind of my "maintenance" dose. After I had a really big bump in life it wasn't enough but I didn't really have any major side effects on it, and it didn't kill my sex life either, which a lot of them do. Good luck, hope in a few weeks you'll see a difference!

tryingtohideit replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Thank you so very much!!! I am just so thrilled and pleased with myself! Its one thing I am doing for MYSELF! My whle family and group of friends are all excited and happy for me! I have never been able to do this before and now I actually am. And good! I hope it works for me I was on celexa and it just made me a robot. So I asked her to change me and so we did and went with the zoloft I was able to afford it and she is good and wants to monitor me and my progress with it. I am very pleased with my doctor and how much she cares for each of her patients. So I am finally breathing a breath of fresh air. And thank you very much for the kind words! I will keep everyone updated to my progress.

BeHapppy118 responded:
Hey! That's great, good for you! I'm happy to hear the good news. Hopefully the Zoloft will work out for you and you can be happy.

I'm glad you feel better about yourself and I hope you continue to feel better.
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

tryingtohideit replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Thank you very much! I am hoping so too! I Actually went out today! And my mom is gunna gather some of us girls up and go to the club the next weekend I am off! So i am hoping gettin out of the house more will help me too!

BeHapppy118 replied to tryingtohideit's response:
Good! Getting out of the house should help. I deal with the same thing, I don't go out much..
But I have been getting out lately too!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

tryingtohideit replied to BeHapppy118's response:
Thats awesome! Yeah it was sooo nice to get out and do something anything for once lol. It has been about 6 months since I had gone out or did anything fun! So it made me feel alot better!

susiemargaret replied to tryingtohideit's response:
hello, T --

this is such terrific news! yay for you!

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.