Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

don't know what to do
singlemomhope80 posted:
I have anixety and depression for over 6 years. I been on medication for it but lately I lost my insurance and I couldn't pay cost of it. I called my doctor and told him about what happen and see if I could get something cheaper. He told me cuz he just the pcp he couldn't change it. I would have to go back to the therapy which I don't know when that's going to be. I been on this medication for so long now that I am off it. I don't like it. I feel like I am more depressed,more emotional,angery, yelling alot more. I also am a single mom with no other income. I tried to get my family to help me and my daughter's dad's side but no one can. I am now starting to feel like its my fault all this happen, no one likes me or cares about me. I feel like I just want to hurt someone. I don't sleep anymore and I always in tears. I would be find and if i see something or just look at something tears would just come down like rain. I really don't know what to do. I don't have health insurance and I need some meds. I am afraid its just going to get worse. please help me

tryingtohideit responded:
I dont know about in your town but in mine we have a doctors office here that works on a sliding scale that is based on your income. Maybe try to find a place like that around you. This is not your fault. It is a default in our brains things arent firing right. And that is sooo a lie! People do like you and love you and care for you! Money is tight everywhere. I completely understand the problems you are having. We have been dealing with them here in my house and my parents. Never feel like you are alone! There are so many people around you that love and care for you. I know easier said than done. I was like that the other day. I was at work and the slightest change in someones tone of voice put me to tears. Just remember things will get easier. The money always finds a way of working itself out and you will find a doctor that might be able to help you with maybe working on a payment plan. If you explain to them what is going on. I hope this helps. And I hope things start getting a little easier for you!

itmatsb responded:
You will be much better once you are back on your medication. You probably could apply for Medicaid which would pay most or all of your doctor appointments and medication. Also ask the pharmacy about a plan through the manufacturers or elsewhere to cover most of the cost of your medications. Or call United Way or your local health department who can refer you to other resources.

Also, did you have a job before? Can you get unemployment? Look into it.

No, it's not your fault. It's the fault of our health system which ObamaCare will change it so that more people can get health insurance who can't afford it. But the Republicans get in, their top priority is to get rid of ObamaCare. So keep this in mind when election day comes early in November. With my situation, it is the #1 concern with me and my family.

I understand that you are having an extremely difficult time and that everything is difficult to do, so my suggestions above probably seem like way too much work. But start with making a phone call and see what happens. If you love your child or children, you must try to get better for them. They need and love you greatly.

You will get better. Take care.

susiemargaret responded:
hello, S --

i am so sorry that i didn't see your post until today, and i hope you are still following this thread.

first off, let me say that how you feel is not your fault. what has happened is not your fault. and it is not true that no one cares about you; for one thing, we do, and we're glad you wrote.

if you will go to http://forums.webmd.com/3/depression-exchange/forum/6522 , you will find a list of resources for free/low-cost medical care (look at the first and tenth posts), including counseling. you may have to start with an entry-level primary-care dr, but then you can ask for a referral to a counselor.

if you start to feel close to being out of control before you locate more long-term help -- and this includes wanting to hurt yourself or anyone else -- please call a crisis line, http://www.webmd.com/help/crisis-resources?printing=true , and talk with someone. in fact, why don't you go to that site right now and print out several copies, then keep one in every room of your house, including the kitchen and bathrooms, plus one for your purse. that way you will have it nearby if you need it.

if talking with someone on a crisis line does not help enough, please, please go to an ER. if you have no one to drive you, call 911 or the police if you have to.

i send you caring thoughts and hope you will keep us posted on how you are doing.

-- susie margaret
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.

itmatsb replied to susiemargaret's response:
Very good advice from susiemargaret. Hope that you will find help right away with any of her suggestions.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Bringing Peace Back to the Holiday Season Through Mindfulness
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bringing-Peace-Back-to-the-Holiday-Season-Through-Mindfulness&id=8165694 More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.