Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I'm back
alaska_mommy posted:
Hi again all, back on, I spent the last 3 days at my Mom's place to stave off loneliness since my DH is away. He switched from working days to doing long haul trucking again. I'm happy for him, because he was going absolutely bonkers doing what he was doing and fighting the same city traffic every day. But I miss him.
Still pregnant, have to wait another week to get an ultrasound. They want to wait until they have a good chance of hearing a heartbeat.
So far so good though, my gut is getting bigger and have even gained 4 lbs even though it's only about 6 weeks of pregnancy right now. Haha. That's probably mostly due to me indulging in chocolate cravings. Oh well. If I get fat, I get fat. It's part of being pregnant.
I'm still not super excited yet, still waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. But each day that goes by that I'm still pregnant is another day toward the finish line.
Hope all of you are doing well, and hugs to all!
--Joy

BeHapppy118 responded:
Hello,

I'm glad to hear from you again! Sorry you are feeling lonely, I hate feeling that way. But on the upside, you have your Mom to stay with while your husband is away. (Not sure what DH stands for though)
I am also glad to hear that your pregnancy is coming along well. One step at a time. The cravings sound delicious! If it's dark chocolate, (which I love, haha) it's good for you.

Hope you are doing well, hugs to you too!
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
- Stephen Chbosky

totalyfedup responded:
Hi a_m, glad to see that you are back, I haven't been around much either, not doing so well.
I am still keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.
How are you doing with the lower dose of your meds?
( I am not sure what DH means either )
Take care of your self and keep us posted.
Hugs right back at ya,

tfu
need support

Demons2011 responded:
A-mom, watch out for those chocolate cravings, I have driven many miles just to get one type of hot fudge sundaes when the closed down the ice cream shop near here. Like 52 miles for Baskin Robbins. So glad for you.

itmatsb responded:
Does DH mean dear husband? So glad that you found out that you are pregnant which I know is what you wanted. I indulge in my chocolate cravings every day and I'm not pregnant. I'm a true addict. But it sure it great.

alaska_mommy replied to itmatsb's response:
Yes, sorry, DH means dear husband.
I do love dark chocolate best! Especially Trader Joe's chocolate truffles...yummm.
Anyway thanks everyone, good to see you all again!

alaska_mommy replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Oh yeah, and doing pretty ok now on the lower meds. Just exhausted all the time from being pregnant. I read that babies grow super fast in the first trimester, and if they kept it up at the same rate through the whole pregnancy they would weigh about a ton when they were born! Whew! I'm glad they stay little.

itmatsb replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Glad that you are feeling better. Exhaustion can be common with pregnancy. Just take it easy and don't worry about performing at your usual pace. And keep loving that dark chocolate. Every day is a milestone in the right direction. Take care.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.