Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I feel so alone, ugly and unwanted
An_247781 posted:
Hi. [br>I'm a girl, 18 years old. I'm at my last year of high school now. [br>[br>Well, I know theres a lot of topics with "I am so alone" title all over the Internet, but I just need to write it down somewhere... [br>It's just that I feel so sad all the time. Everything around me makes me so sad. [br>[br>I feel so lonely and unwanted in my school. I have no friends there. [br>Well, my first year of high school was great. I used to hang out with 3 girls from my class, but then that crew just broke up. [br>One girl just left, she find another friend. So I stayed with that 2 girls who are pretty irresponsible and so on... So the 2 of them had a fight. One girl find a new company, started to use drugs, skip classes too often, drink alot and I'm stucked to that one girl who is so annoying actually. [br>[br>So last 3 years I was spending my time with that girl although I don't like her. She was always so rude to me, arrogant, annoying, too loud, calling me names... Whenever something is not how she wants she gets mad. She was so possesive and she tend to control me. She used to call me every day few times a day, she requires to go out with her every day, she had to know EVERYTHING I do. And she was pushing people away from me so obviously... She was choking me. [br>Everyone in school notice that she actually abuse me, but I just couldn't get rid of her because I felt sorry for her. [br>Every time I tried to tell her I don't want to hang out with her she starts to pity herself talking how no one loves her, talking about her mothers cancer, talking how she is so alone... So I stayed with her because I always felt sorry. Plus, she was so so kind to me few times so I was feeling guilty too. [br>[br>But few weeks ago I was going to my favorite band concert and she buy a ticket to go with me. I didn't call her to go with me, she invated herself without asking. I was a coward and I couldn't tell her I don't want to be there with her. So she was thinking we go together 100%. [br>Anyway, at the day of concert I didn't answer her calls and she gets mad. Now she don't want to talk with me at all. Which is amazing actually. [br>I am so glad I get rid of her, but now she just hates me and talk rumors about me. [br>She acts like she is cool all the time, she thinks she is too smart and the best, so every time I do something she just criticizes me. Like yesterday when teacher asked who has done a homeworks and only me had it, someone was comment on that and that girl who hates me now just sayed out loud "Well, get used to it that she will lick teachers *****". I mean, I just finish my homeworks, it's not my fault everyone else has not! [br>I just can't stand to be in the same room with her. Every time I start to talk to someone she interject into the conversation, she try to "stole" all the people I talk with. And theres no many people I talk with in school. [br>I talk to some of them, but that's all just small talks. I don't have anyone there actually. [br>[br>Well, I am good with one girl from my class, but no one loves her because she lie a lot and that's too obvious. Plus, she is theistic satanist and kinda dark. Everyone hates her. [br>Well, I like her although sometimes she made up stories which is not true. [br>But she skip classes so often, so basicly I am all alone there. [br>Everyone are in some groups and I just don't fit anywhere. [br>Most of people in my class thinks I'm a good person, but they think I'm kinda dorky and even weird too. [br>[br>Today I skip school just because I feel so bad there. I know that's not a solution, but I just coudn't stand it to be there. [br>My mom will kill me because of that and I feel so guilty. [br>[br>I want to change my school or move in other town, but that is not possible. [br>[br>In elementary school was the same. One girl was really abusing me. And not just psychical. [br>Everyone was thinking I'm a freak, dork and weird. Mostly because I don't drink and I'm not so outgoing like everyone else. I am not so open like others. I never understaned why is that a problem. [br>I am just quite and shy so it's hard for me to make a friends. But I never done anything bad to others. [br>At the last year of elementary school they started to accept me, but that was too late. [br>[br>At that time I used to cut myself. Few people knew that, but nobody cares. [br>Once I was at doctors and he saw cuts on my wrists, but he just smiled at that. [br>My parents find out about it long after I started with it. My mom saw me bleeding in my room and she just said "Get up and go to school". [br>Well, my dad was pretty chrushed. He even cryed because I self harm. I felt so guilty because I hurt him. [br>He even buy me some antidepressants, but that didn't help. [br>It pass few years since that. I haven't cut myself mostly because of my dad. Although all this years I have really strong desire to do that! Sometimes I want to do it so bad it hurts. [br>[br>I know there's lot of other people with same or even worse problems than mine. I'm sorry. [br>But I'm just so sad all the time. [br>I don't know what to do anymore. I used to have some hobbies, but now I just don't enjoy it anymore. [br>I love anime and manga a lot, reading books, movies, music... But I can't do any of that anymore. I just can't. I can't even stand some of my favorite songs. Everything is so empty to me. [br>I search for something more, but I just can't find it. [br>I try to sped time outside because I heard that sun is good for health, makes you to feel happy and such stuff, but it changes nothing. [br>I tried to work out, yoga, martial arts... I tried with some a bit more "spiritual" things (chakras, meditations and so on). But nothing helps. [br>I still feel so bad. [br>[br>I feel so ugly all the time. I never had a boyfriend or a boyfreind-girlfriend relationship. It's not that no one ever was interested in me, but the guys who liked me was usualy some jerks or I didn't love them back. [br>Now I just wonder how it will be to have a boyfriend. [br>All the people from my class have someone or used to have and when I remember I never even had a first kiss it just brings me down even more.[br>It's not that I want someone because I don't want to be alone. I still believe that relationship must be special. I dont want to run into relationship like most of other people my age just so I can have sex with someone or just so I can say I have a boyfriend. [br>But then I think I'm not worth it. I just can't imagine that someone could really love me. [br>I feel so worthless. [br>[br>Sometimes I just wish my life ends. But I try not to do something stupid. [br>I really try hard to keep myself above the surface, but all that time I feel so depressed, sad, ugly, scared... [br>I feel like crying, but I just can't do that anymore too. [br>[br>I know all this sounds so lame, pathetic and miserably. [br>But I really have nobody to talk to. [br>My dad expect from me to be the best in everything, but he just don't see I am not the best. I feel so guilty for that. He is really strict and I am so sad I can't fulfill his expectations. [br>Sometimes I just want to stay in bad all day, among cozy blankets and have someone to talk to. [br>[br>P.S. [br>I apologise for my bad English.

lissmeanstrouble responded:
You remind me so much of how I felt in high school!
All I can say, is that life will get much better in ways you cant even imagine at this point.
When you get done with high school everything is much different.
You should try getting a job, you could make friends there, and some extra pocket money, it will force you out of your shell (I know its scary, but once you try it, you will like it) and you will gain real life experience, cause real-life is nothing like high school.
Your english is just fine by the way,I could tell you must be bi-lingual while reading, what is your native language?
You could be a real-asset to any job if you are bilingual!

jians responded:
honestly,ive never read something like your story here,i mean ive read many stories of frustration,loneliness,depression and all the like but had never felt this way after reading your story.....
feel so bad for you...i hope i can see you and give you a hug but seems like that's something imposibble.you know what,the first thing you need to realize is that you were NEVER alone.God i always there with even to those darkest night of you you just havent realized that dont you?whats missing in you is an assurance of someone is loving you,which God does.
dont you ever cut yourself again ok?ill cry if you do that.doesnt feel good.my mom had some sort of depression,or mental problems,she always scare us of having suide,thank god never happens...i felt so bad whenever i heard something like that my heart would just beat really fast.,have you gone spiritual communities like going to chruch?talked to a pastor?that would really help.ill be praying for you...dont loose hope ok.,and youve got nice grammar,your fine.dont think about it.english was my second language,i should be the one worrying about it.haha
keep us updated here.,wer friends now.,even you dont see me.,take care be good.be positive.it will never be the end until you stop pursuing.God bless you!

itmatsb responded:
So sorry to hear about your bad experiences. There usually is a counselor to talk to at high schools. Please go find out about talking to one. I think that it could really help you. Many people have feelings of inadequacy in their early years. I used to also be extremely shy in school. The teachers would say to the whole class that I was the very last person in the class to say anything. Now I've been doing training for decades and am not the least bit shy. Things can change a lot as you get older--believe me.

Also, your dad was right to try anti-depressants for you. Unfortunately there's never a way to know which one will help you until you try them. Try to talk to your doctor about your continuous sadness and feeling like crying. It sounds like you have depression, which a lot of us have.

Don't worry about what your former friend has to say about you. It will only make her look bad. Try to get some help and take care.

An_247781 replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
My native language is Croatian.
I don't think that will help me much to find a job, but thank you.

And thanks to everyone who reply on this. All of you are so kind. <3

jians replied to An_247781's response:
how are you doing now?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

safe AD to take with tramadol.
my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.