Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Checking in
alaska_mommy posted:
Hi friends, how is everyone?
Just popping in so you all don't worry about me.
Still pregnant, got to see the heartbeat on ultrasound last Thursday. I still have a hard time being positive about this one, I think that's just going to be the way it is. There's plenty of time to get excited after I see little one's face after birth.

I'm still kinda feeling down in the dumps most of the time. I think it's
#1 pregnancy hormones, and
#2 having to reduce the Wellbutrin to once a day instead of twice.

I almost feel like maybe I should lower the wellbutrin even more, because I still get little runs of tachycardia and feeling breathless from time to time. But I know that would be bad for me emotionally.

I know they could always try me on a new med, but I don't want to be messing with meds when I'm in my 1st trimester...heck I don't want to mess with them at all. But I guess it's a risk vs. reward thing? I'm just scared of hurting a growing baby. It's not too bad, I think I'm just going to leave it as is. We'll see. I'll talk to my PCP about it next time I see her.

I feel bad for my son because I'm kinda reverting back to being a bump on a log again, from being so tired and being queasy all day, but also feeling a little bit like this is depression too, with wanting to withdraw and not feeling like calling friends. I hear pregnancy hormones mess with your serotonin too, isn't that lovely?

Oh well, sorry to complain! Things are going ok otherwise. DH started driving over the road trucking again, so I'm lonely too. But after he gets back, the kiddo and I are going with him, so I hope that goes well cause I don't want to be without him that long anymore.

Hope you are all well!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Joy -

So glad you checked in! Excited that you were able to see the heartbeat!

Remember just laying on the floor pushing a car around, letting him use your body as a track or snuggling while watching a movie is still mommying. I'm sure it's even harder not having DH around in the evenings. Sounds like a fun adventure heading out with him.

Elizabeth

chez1 responded:
Hey Joy
thanks for letting us know, it is fab that you are still pregnant and understandable that you are anxious.
Remember to take care of yourself, don't give yourself a hard time for what you are not doing and praise what you are.
hugs to you, the little guy and bump
x
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily....... Zig Ziglar

totalyfedup responded:
Hi a_m, Thats great news.I do agree with you about your meds. I don't think that you should start playing around with them right now, and if you do you should talk to dr.about it.
I don't know if this is to much of a personal question but would you like to know the sex of the baby?
And you never have to say sorry , you are not complaining.
Take good care of your self and I will be thinking about you.

tfu
need support

alaska_mommy replied to totalyfedup's response:
Hi guys, and thanks for the replies.
tfu, no that's not too personal. I definitely want to know the sex when I'm far enough along to find out. I think that's usually around 18 or 19 weeks.

lissmeanstrouble replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Oh Good! So happy for you!

alaska_mommy replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
Thank you!

I'll be MIA again here as I and the little guy will be leaving to go over the road with my husband on this next trip he makes. He's headed this time for Nashville, TN. We leave day after tomorrow! Short notice so I'll be a packing flurry tomorrow. Take care everyone! Be back in a week and a half to two weeks.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Hope you have a great trip and you are able to take in some of the sites in Nashville.

Check in when you can and remember to take care and take time for yourself (even if it is diving into a good book).

Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.